Daily Check in Sept 8, 2016

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Sept 8, 2016

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning folks,

Hubby is taking steps to reduce his stress. He came home and turned off his phone. He decided he is addicted. (I agree). He got a call back from the Counselor group they took some information and are supposed to get back to him to make an appointment with the counselor they have matched him up with. Thanks for the support.

Will be packing breakfast, Lunch out is planned on Thursdays.

Have a great day,
Maggie
dlrcpa

Re: Daily Check in Sept 8, 2016

Post by dlrcpa »

Good morning all. 0.6" of rain last night was welcome. I will swing by the garden to see what can be gleaned. I need to track down the dog's medication that should have been delivered yesterday. I only have enough to go through Monday so this is top priority. Not much planned otherwise.
Have a frugal day.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

My daughter just called she has gotten a cold. I am not surprised, considering the stress she has been under for the last several months.

I need to do some cleaning today, mostly dishes and tidying. There is a lot more that needs doing. But tidying comes first. I have a lot of yarn to put away. some is for current projects, some for projects I have finished.

My right shoulder is bothering me. It is mostly an area over the scapula in the back. I need to mail one of the Tiny Granny’s with the red hat to my sister to give to my brother. She will be seeing him later this month.

I now need to find a card to mail it in.

Penny
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalities

Seems like I slept in this morning, not by much, but enough that I may just feel a bit rushed this morning.

Got called in to work yesterday. Just a half day, but it is nice to know I have not been forgotten about. Perhaps I will get a few days here and there.

Today the crew comes back and hopefully finishes the framing down there. We have the electrician coming tomorrow to run lines and set up the plug ins and switches. Whew, things are moving along very quickly. I have gotten Hubby to postpone the front steps (and small deck) as well as the garage until at least next year. We should be able to build our savings back up by that time.

I will be heading out shopping this morning. I need to pick up some OTC meds for Hubby so I may as well do all my shopping at once. Only out and about once spending anything at all. Once a week shopping of any type is more than I like to do.

I plan on baking some bread when I get back, and doing some more decluttering. Last night I cleaned out a drawer and managed to rid our home of some items that I hardly ever use. Thus making my kitchen drawer look less stuffed and more attractive. I hope to perhaps get into another drawer or closet today and do the same.

Supper this evening was to be leftovers, but there really isn't anything so I will use Saturday's meal idea and hopefully between last night and tonight there will be enough in the leftover department to feed us on Saturday. So that means leftover ham made into something delicious.

Today I am grateful that even though we got 1 1/2 " of rain yesterday it did not seep into the basement.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Good morning all,
It is going to be another hot day here. Doing the usual...laundry...house stuff.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,
Have been super busy...painting the sunroom!!! I have had the paint for a while but when the weather is decent I am outside. Yesterday was so miserable hot and humid I just decided to get started. I am sore from up and down the ladder. :shock:
I have 3 walls done but had to stop...I didn't want to get "locked up". Being a sunroom I had lots of trim around the windows. My least favorite part of painting. I don't like any part of it but trim is the worst. :(
I will finish tomorrow, I need to get some large furniture coaster/movers first. I have a huge rosewood, marble topped dresser that needs to be on them instead of the fabric backed ones I have it on. It means I have to take it all apart and then put it all back together, a time-consuming ordeal but I will prevail!!!!
We ate tuna salad on crackers and cold stuff yesterday... it was miserable outside. Right now we are getting rain, but it is still really warm out. I let the hens out of their pen, it is time to let them gets some bugs and fresh greens. The garden is gone except for the tomatoes and I really think they are done.
I canned whole tomatoes and some sauce, over it. ;)
Saturday we(girls) are supposed to go to a local flea market/antique street fair. Rain is predicted so if it does we will go to some in store antique/junk stores and snoop around. I don't need or want a thing but do want to have an outing with girls so it will be fun.
Hope all is well, have a great day all.
JCKitty