Daily Check in Aug 30, 2015

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Aug 30, 2015

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning frugal Friends,

This will be quick as we will be leaving for 7:30 Mass. DS is skipping the first half of Competition marching band practice as he is auditioning for a Youth Winds Ensemble at our local University College Conservatory of Music.

Last night, while not too frugal, the three of use went out to dinner at a local place that had been featured on "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" I had been tot he downtown location for lunch and knew DS would enjoy it. Their specialty is Belgium Waffles. While not high-priced, Hubby and I each had a beer and then we all had dessert. But it was fun and a memory maker. For about 2 hours DS was not a sullen teenager. LOL

DS1 bent one of the rims on his car and got a flt tire. So he is driving our Mini van until her gets it fixed. We said we need the van back Thursday night.

Have a great day,
Maggie

OL!

dlrcpa

Re: Daily Check in Aug 30, 2015

Post by dlrcpa »

Good morning! Toe is better, I can stand to wear slippers this morning. Will see what sandals I can manage to wear later. It is going to be a lovely purple I think.

Plans changed since I cannot go out and roam around outdoors. I can manage sewing and will do computer and paperwork catch-up. DH is going to make risotto for dinner and use up shrimp from the freezer. Beans are cooking in the crock pot today, I can make veg chili one night this week.

Have a good day and don't drop anything on your toe!

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites

Still extremely smoky here. I am hoping for rain to clear everything out.

I plan on emailing a few of our regular posters again today to let them know about our change. Getting very close to the final day.

Frugality wise I will be working around the house, making plans for the upcoming month, doing my new monthly menu (after all September is just around the corner) and perhaps getting more of the garden harvested.

I have spent a bit of the morning clearing the forum of spam before I began to post, but I think I missed one. If you come across it please email me.

Not too much else happening today so it should be a lovely, lazy day.

Supper tonight will be a Pork Roast. Think I will use up the leftover mashed potatoes and perhaps get Hubby to pick some carrots to roast.

Today I am grateful for my early morning walks.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

jackie26us

Post by jackie26us »

Good Morning,

Today I'm relaxing since it's my only day off. I worked 9 hours yesterday. The next 2 weeks will be crazy. Due to prior bad management who didn't do their jobs and then walked off the job things at work we are over a month behind. If they are not caught up for every medical records request that is over 30 days overdue we can get fine $50K per overdue request. Needless to say our contract with the hospital is in jeopardy. We have until Sept 15th to get things caught up so they are only 2 weeks behind not 5-6 weeks behind. We are under a microscope now with the higher ups. I get paid biweekly and in the course of this 2 week period I will have about 45 hours just in overtime. Basically I'll be working 60-65 hours a week. On the good side I'll have an awesome paycheck coming. I will say when we pull this off and get it caught up it will make our office personnel look awesome since 3/4 of us are new and have only been there a month. I do love my job though and have learned a lot and am still learning.

My boss treated us to lunch yesterday which was nice. So I tried pad thai for the first time--very yummy.

DH's side work has slowed down which is probably a blessing in a way since I'll be working so much. So he is now the house husband lol. He cleaned the house and got the laundry done which was nice. So I don't have to worry about any of the home stuff at least.

Not too much else is happening. I do love this new site--easier to use too. I won't be around much or at all for these 2 weeks.

I am now certified in my CMAA now too. Just got the results yesterday :D

jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,
We got some good rain last night, I think maybe some thunder and lightning along with it.....tired enough I guess I wasn't really paying attention.

We had alittle get together at my dads last evening, the evil niece from hell didn't show, it was really nice! Everyone had a good time and great conversation with dad, he needs this every once in a while. We all do.
I need to go pick tomatoes and get them processed, they are coming on fast. I am so over the zucchini, very tempted to pull the plants but I see babies on them and feel bad about it. If nothing else I can chop and give them to the hens.
This week is suppose to really heat up, last blast of summer?
I have a load of laundry done and hung on the lines, little picky things to do today, really just wan to relax an just chill today, I have done enough physical stuff lately that it feels good just to "be".
Hope everyone has a great day
Jackie26, so good to hear you are happy in your job.
JCKitty

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

It has been a busy morning, and still is.

Elizabeth took me to McDonalds for breakfast, she rotated my mattress, We went to Target I was able to get my hand soap I needed, she got what she needed. She brought me home, Then she took my old computer I had erased the hard drive and reinstalled the OS. I started laundry, my bed is partially made, the sheets are in the washer.

I am now erasing the hard drive of her old one for another family member,.

I will rest after lunch. I do want to fix a pot roast. I am not sure if I will do this today or tomorrow. I am making the traditional roast with carrots and potatoes not the family recipe.

Penny