Daily Check in Aug 30, 2015

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Janet9

Re: Daily Check in Aug 30, 2015

Post by Janet9 »

Wow. I just popped in and saw the forum on About was being shut down. Thanks to Erin and Jackie for keeping it going here.

Janet
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Just emailed a few more of our posters. Slowly but surely trying to get a hold of everyone. If any of you are in contact with Julie could you please let her know of our change.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

peaches wrote:
icfrugal1 wrote:Good afternoon!!!

walked the dog, gave him a bath.

pondering how to start again on getting rid of stuff, thank you Bridget!!!!!

ic
Thought I was thru.. all but making dinner and dishes... Taking a break reading here... and you reminded me both dogs need walking.. <---Dh's job and I have to give the lil one a bath.. Big dog is Dh's responsibility.. Which means he doesn't get bathed as often. :lol: As for getting rid of stuff.. DH is kind of a hoarder.... I can put stuff in the trash but if he sees it.. he brings it back in. :cry: Used to before he retired.. I could get away with it on trash day... nowadays NOT so MUCH!! :cry: oh well maybe another day. ;)
I start my day walking my dog and end my day walking him.

my dh and I were cat people, at one time we had 13 cats!!!! we found him in 2007, we, dh and I, were taking our daily walk and a dog followed us for two miles a and I carried him home for two miles we could not find his owners and we had a dog!!! we had no idea that we "needed" a dog.

Yep you are right about my dh having a hard time letting go of stuff, he still has clothes from hs (he is 65) styles have changed, no he does not where the tuff :roll:
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Hi Everyone,

This will probably be my last post for awhile as I have a lot of stuff on my to do list this coming week and then will be gone a week on my cruise. Everyone hold it together while I'm gone. I'm so glad this change happened this week, if not I probably wouldn't have known the About site was closing and would have had to hoped that they are sincere about re-routing people to this site.

I had thought that I would start packing today, but my DD's inlaws came into town today and they needed me to babysit my grandson while they went to Dinner. She was already going to cook Dinner at my house tomorrow night for them. Tuesday I have Rook, Wednesday I'm working at church and that leaves me Thursday to get packed as we will be heading to Florida early Friday Morning. Then will be gone on the 7 day cruise, plus traveling days. One of my friends grandsons is going to house sit for me while I'm gone. His house is being painted and he can't stand the paint odor so he can stay here and it works out great for both of us.

Great day at Church, went out to eat with my lunch bunch they wouldn't take no for an answer and then I attended a visitation for another friend that died last week. I tell you I'm getting to where I hate to pick up the paper and read the obits anymore.

All of you take care and I'll see you when I get back.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

When you didn't show up I would have been emailing you Libby.

Have fun on your cruise.

Jackie
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
BeckyO

Post by BeckyO »

Bon Voyage, Libby :D