Daily Check in Jan 8, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Jan 8, 2017

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning folks,

Trying to decided at what point to wake DS. He was late getting here as he was st his Dad's finishing up his laundry. I told my friends I'd help with Donut Sunday after Mass.
Having issue again with my newspaper delivery. I read M-Sat online but like the physical paper on Sunday. My subscription calls for paper delivery Fri-Sat-Sun. It was outside my door Friday but not yesterday or today. I used the online system to report the issue.

I will have to go to the grocery again. I forgot butter and then if DS1 & family are coming for dinner, I need something to feed them. There is an Aldi not very far. I may go there.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Heloise

Re: Daily Check in Jan 8, 2017

Post by Heloise »

mbrudnic wrote:Having issue again with my newspaper delivery. I read M-Sat online but like the physical paper on Sunday. My subscription calls for paper delivery Fri-Sat-Sun. It was outside my door Friday but not yesterday or today.
It's been a good number of years since we had paper-delivery to our home, and one of the reasons we gave up our subscription was due to poor service. We were on the phone too often for our liking, and on windy days our paper would get scattered about our yard, so we finally said enough is enough, however, having an actual physical newspapers to read is something I still miss.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Still miserably cold here once the wind chill is factored in, so it looks as if we will be huddled inside for another day or two. Hopefully I will be able to get out for my walking again soon.

It will be another frugal day here. No spending except for the church envelope, using things up, wearing things out, or doing without will be our mantra. Meals will be cooked using what is on hand in fridge, freezer and cupboard/pantry. Lots of sides to choose from and since my menu is made up for the month all the main courses are either in my freezer or in my cupboard.

I finished my infinity scarf last night and so will be casting on some mitts for myself. This is being knit out of reclaimed yarn from other sweaters. I plan on reclaiming yarn where and if I can, and hoping it keeps me out of yarn stores for awhile.

My cross stitch project is moving along. Hubby already says you can tell that the picture is of lilies. I am hoping that by the end of next week I am close to finishing it and can move on to another inherited kit (I don't really like kits as I can never tell the colours of threads apart). Slowly but surely making my way through these things. Don't ask me what I am going to do with them, perhaps gifts, perhaps I will try and sell them eventually on one of the sale sites or perhaps just hang on to them, frame them and hang somewhere in my home.

Hubby would like me to move my sewing room into the room we were using as a library/bedroom/office. Thus moving the bedroom upstairs. The room is bigger, and once he puts in all the lighting he wants will be much lighter. I will seriously consider all factors before coming to a decision. I am however leaning towards doing so. More space makes excellent sense to me right now. Not telling him that until I figure how I want everything situated in that room.

Supper this evening will be Roast pork, with roasted potatoes, carrots, and the last of the romaine lettuce made into a salad. No desserts as we are still nibbling our way through the sweets I made for Christmas.

Today I am grateful that slowly but surely old appliances are being replace by new thanks to our sons (I would use something until it fell apart or ceased to function completely).

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

G'Mornin!! I miss getting a newspaper delivered. I should really subscribe to a Sunday paper for the coupons.

Up at 5:30, did dishes and laundry - didn't have a lot of either one. There are a few more dishes now from breakfast - but they can wait until later when there are more to wash.

Sun is out and shining bright but it is SO. COLD.!!! I need to go and feed the outdoor cats soon - mine and the strays. Dogs have been out twice but I need to walk Lucy and I am dreading it because - did I mention it was SO. COLD.???

I have started on a healthier eating plan that I really REALLY let slide over the holidays. Not really a diet as I don't need to drop weight - but cutting out the junk and upping my intake of produce, whole grains, - good things. So far so good.

I had oatmeal made with almond milk and dried fruit for breakfast with a lot of coffee. Lunch will be spinach salad with grilled tofu. Whatever S.O. makes me for supper is what supper will be. He is on a different eating plan - high protein, no sugar, no carbs - so it's "interesting" around here. As a vegetarian I don't eat any meat and he is eating a lot of chicken, etc. The little guys eat ALL of it - except one doesn't like his veggies - so it works out okay for them.

I am off to wrap up in a big soft blanket and read the rest of the morning away. Have a good day.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

It is very cold here. 21º F (-6º C). We are expecting the temperatures to warm up, starting this afternoon.

Yesterday In addition to my shopping I did laundry, and dishes. Put several soups into plastic bags to save space in my tiny freezer.

I finished one book and started another. Really a very dull day.

Today, my daughter told me she would take me to Walmart. I still don’t know the time she will be here.

Penny
jackie26us

Post by jackie26us »

Good Morning,

It is quite cold out today. I was up early and at the YMCA at 7am to swim for an hour. Man did it feel good. I go 5-6 days a week.

DS and I are going to Walmart today. Not the most fugal day or last few days for that matter. I have done quite a bit of clothes shopping since I've lost weight. I'm down 3 sizes. Luckily there are a lot of good sales going on. So I returned some dress pants to Walmart but they didn't have what I wanted in a smaller size. So they put the amount on a gift card since I didn't have the receipt. Today I'm checking a different/better Walmart and hopefully I'll find something. DS and I will also be having lunch out to Pizza Hut--Yummy!

Then it'll be time for laundry and getting ready for work. I have Thursday and Friday off this week due to my Mom getting Cataract surgery. Plus we get MLK day off at work this year. So a nice 5 days off for me!

I'm also planning on making an appt. to get fitted for contacts as I wear glasses now. Luckily I have a HSA for DS and I so that will pay for it. Plus my insurance will pay for some too. DS would like to see if he can wear contacts also. So we'll be getting him an appt. as well.

Have a great day guys!

Jackie