Daily Check In 8/31/15

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jackie26us

Daily Check In 8/31/15

Post by jackie26us »

Good Morning,

Well my crazy 2 weeks start now. After these 2 weeks things will seem like a breeze though. So not much else going on other than work. Needless to say I should easily be able to stay frugal lol.

Oh well I did Zumba this morning and shower. I will get ready for work in a few minutes and head out the door at 6:45. I will bring my lunch as usual.
dlrcpa

Re: Daily Check In 8/31/15

Post by dlrcpa »

Good (early) morning. Warm and humid today. Not likely to rain so I need to water the garden, probably tomorrow. Need to blanch and freeze beans and make veg chili this afternoon/evening. Figure out where to store pumpkins. Lunch will include cherry tomatoes and cucumbers. Squash puree to use up (thinking corn spoonbread.)This farming biz is for the crazy people I tell ya!

Waiting to hear about schedules for work on the house and driveway re-seal. I have a feeling it's going to be complicated. I made a vet appointment for dog & cat on a Saturday and then DH objected to that date as too close to vacation (since cat is getting rabies vac). I told him to call and change the appointment to when HE can take them. I am not the one watching TV and napping every day.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning everyone,

This afternoon I have an appointment with the periodontist which I'm not looking forward to :x There is just one molar he will be treating with a deep cleaning and insertion of tetracycline into a "pocket" by that molar. But as with all unpleasant tasks, you just have to get it done! Fortunately my extended health plan will take care of most of the cost.

Dh and I plan to take a long walk this morning. It's my last day of vacation and I plan to enjoy it as much as possible.

I'm going to make a mushroom barley stew as my supper entree and dh and dd will be having salmon. Not sure what vegetable sides I'll prepare but there's lots of options in the fridge.

Have a great day everyone!
Creative
Shelsmiles

Post by Shelsmiles »

Traveling home today from Wyoming but wanted to check in and say hi! So glad Erin has decided to create a new home. It already functions better for me than the About site. I'd have missed you all! Glad I don't have to.

Been a hectic few weeks, will update later when there's time.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Today is 22 years since my late husband died.

I also hope to be able to get back into a more normal routine for me. I had to spot clean a sticky spot on the kitchen floor. I am not sure what it was, but it sure behaved as gum. I will wash the floor when I no longer have all the extra plastic drawers in my kitchen.

I put a pot roast in the oven. Once the meat is browned there is very little work. I need more meals like this. I will make soup with some of the meat later.

I put out the trash/garbage out. I was able to put out the packaging from the roast out too.

There is still so much to do mostly catching up with my stuff, I can’t and won’t push myself this week.

Penny
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites

Slept in this morning!! Love it. We also had rain overnight which just might help with the forest fire smoke. If the wind would change direction it would help as well.

I am really pondering whether I should hang my laundry out today because of all the smoke, but then while it was hazy yesterday there was no smoke smell.

Busy day today, it is the last day of the month, I need to see if all my extra deep cleaning is done, get those last little monthly goal finished, and of course do the usual Monday household chore list. Should be an interesting day. Like always, however, some tasks will only take 10 or 15 minutes and of course while each load of laundry is being done I can complete other tasks. I do wonder however why I always load Monday down with chores........ Perhaps watching what my Mom did on Monday's has some bearing.

I was given a lovely large cabbage yesterday and will use it later this week when I make Cabbage Bread. I will just need Hubby to pull me a large onion or two.

I haven't been keeping track of the no spend days this past week on the old forum so I though I would update you all here. I can safely add 4 days to the total there bringing me to 24 for the month. I am hoping that today makes it 25.

I will be heading out for my walk shortly (great exercise at little to no cost for me) and really I am not looking forward to when I will need to walk inside on the treadmill.

All meals will be prepared from items that are on hand. Pretty sure lunch will likely be leftovers.

Supper this evening will be Soup and Egg Salad Sandwiches. Got lots of gardening to accomplish today.

Today I am grateful for what seems to be clearer skies.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/