Daily Check In January 16, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In January 16, 2017

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning

Back in a second or two.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
jackie26us

Daily Check In Jan. 16

Post by jackie26us »

Good Morning,

I have the day off for MLK day. Not too much happening here. Just need to do some house chores. Also want to go swimming in a bit since I haven't been in 4 days. I do have my Weight Watcher meeting tonight also.

DS wants to look into going into the Navy. I'm going to try to get him to a recruiter soon to see what options he has. He has few obstacles that may be an issue. So we'll see what happens. Hoping it can work out for him as I think it would be a good choice for him. He talked to his work Saturday. They told him they never had any morning positions available which means they lied when they hired him. So now he is out of a job. He can't get up there in the afternoons and they can only give him 10 hours a week which means he wouldn't make any money with the expenses in getting a ride. I felt bad for him because he was doing well at the job. Honesty is getting hard to find. He has some leads on other jobs though.

Have a great day.
jackie26us

Re: Daily Check In January 16, 2017

Post by jackie26us »

Hi Jackie,

I must have been typing a check in post at the same time as you. Can you add min to yours. Thank you.

Jackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites

I once again has a sleepless night, or at least I was up and down (more up than down). During one of my up stints I decided to read. I think that finally tired me out enough that I managed another 1 1/2 hours sleep.

I have the usual Monday chores and of course will be doing them as frugally as possible. I should be lucky enough to have another no spend day today, because even though it has warmed up I really do not need anything what so ever. Unless I go to the library today I will not even be out driving my vehicle (though I could use a book or two).

It is laundry day and I should get my aerobic exercise going up and down the stairs. I am hoping once again to do said laundry in the most frugal way possible and hang as much as I can on the lines downstairs.

Almost done the picture clean up on the computer. I have a few more files to go through (I want to keep the file and the file name) and then I will be done. Amazing how much room all those pictures take up. I kind of like the idea of a new year, new pictures or at least get rid of as many as I can. I can then get rid of a bunch on the camera as well. I really don't know how they all add up.

I have a few more knitting magazines to go through and I should with luck have finished decluttering them all today. They have been separated into those that have had patterns torn out and those that are still intact. The first batch are going to the school so the kids can use them in projects, the second will be out the door to the Salvation Army and Second Chance stores.

So there goes my day. Same old, same old. Seems like nothing changes very much.

Supper this evening is more than likely going to be a meal from last week that I missed making. I believe Hamburgers were on the menu and I have many a made up frozen patty to use.

Today I am grateful for the aroma of coffee in the morning.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning frugal friends,

Still coughing a lot. I hope it goes away soon. Lots of crap in the back of my throat.

I hope to gt a walk outside completed between rain showers. I want to do some studying for that certification I started several weeks ago. I'd also like to start stitching-in-the-ditch on my quilt sandwich.

Have a great day,
Maggie
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In Jan. 16

Post by clemencia2us »

jackie26us wrote:Good Morning,

I have the day off for MLK day. Not too much happening here. Just need to do some house chores. Also want to go swimming in a bit since I haven't been in 4 days. I do have my Weight Watcher meeting tonight also.

DS wants to look into going into the Navy. I'm going to try to get him to a recruiter soon to see what options he has. He has few obstacles that may be an issue. So we'll see what happens. Hoping it can work out for him as I think it would be a good choice for him. He talked to his work Saturday. They told him they never had any morning positions available which means they lied when they hired him. So now he is out of a job. He can't get up there in the afternoons and they can only give him 10 hours a week which means he wouldn't make any money with the expenses in getting a ride. I felt bad for him because he was doing well at the job. Honesty is getting hard to find. He has some leads on other jobs though.

Have a great day.
I was going to suggest the Air Force. My niece just landed at her first duty station. Loves it so far. I'm retired from the military and loved it. Good luck.