Daily Check in March 6, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in March 6, 2017

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning folks,

Had a nice time going to DS2's concert with MIL. She thanked me for inviting her saying she always enjoyed talking to me. We found plenty to talk about without dealing with Soon-to-be-Ex. I hope now she in comfortable coming to events for her grandsons/great-grandsons.

Today I will run some special letters for DS2's retreat up to school. His Dad wrote one, scanned it and emailed it to me. We are warm, ut it is supposed to rain. So may while I am out I will go the few more miles to the Mall and walk around there.

Have a great day,
Maggie

Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in March 6, 2017

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Looking out my front window at dull skies, a wind whipping around branches on the trees and a light snow, which is supposed to get much worse. I am hoping the storm does not hit here as hard as is predicted.

Busy day today as I have my usual list of Monday chores, no extras for me today. Hubby seems to have slept better last night, at least he only woke me up once and there was no flopping back into the bed with numerous moans, groans or "I am sick" being said. Hopefully today he will be pretty much back to normal.

I had him watch Hidden Figures with me, and we both really enjoyed it. He wants to watch Magnificent Seven next, so one evening when there is no sports, or any of my shows on, that is what we will watch. Kind of like date night, only at home and at no cost. Got to love free.

I have a headache this morning, along with some pain. I have a feeling the wind is causing a bit of a fibro flare. I will push through it though or nothing will be accomplished.

Frugal happenings here today will be the usual. I did go off menu plans the last couple of days, but if Hubby is feeling better I plan on getting right back on them. Meaning of course time to use things up, and clear things out.

Laundry will be done in the usual manner, had a bit of a problem last week and thought I had broken another washer (I am unusually hard on this one appliance), but got it back working correctly. Sure hope that is still happening.

It will be another no spend day. Hubby does need a pair of pj bottoms and would like me to sew him some flannel ones.... No fabric....I may make a trip this week sometime to the Salvation Army to see if they have any suitable flannel sheets, if not I will check our Dollar Tree and Walmart for flannel sheets. That would give me more than enough material for pj bottoms (perhaps two pair even depending on the size of the sheets).

All meals will be made here at home.

Some time will be spent looking up recipes for homemade bath and lotion products. I have decided that perhaps it is time to get serious about making my own products. I have a few of the items necessary but will be looking for fragrances, Epsom salts, and a few other items on my next shop.

Supper tonight will be either ham (if Hubby is feeling better) or we will have what is left of the chicken along with the leftover potatoes, peas, and some raw veggies.

Today I am grateful that I have no where I need to be.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

I broke the water container for my Keurig coffee maker. It is cracked, but the container holds enough water to make one cup without leaking. I ordered a new one including tax less then $17. I got free shipping. From Amazon it was $39 with free shipping.

Of course it fell on the floor almost full of water. So I had a lot water on my floor. I got it up without falling but I am tired.

It pays to check more then one place. I called in the order. I should get it in 3 -5 business days.

I am taking our cities para transit service to Walmart I hope to get my hair cut. I don’t know how much time i have for shopping as they are picking me up at 10:30 which means between 10:20 and 10:50 am. The cost is just $2 each way.

Penny

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Good morning everyone,

I've been online looking up Marching Band fees and camps for Ds14... I know he thinks that because he signed up, then its all going to be a cakewalk, BUT... its not.. only $365 for summer/fall/school-year fees!!! :shock: Plus food!!! *sigh* Just another thing to save for!

Dh is gone to work, ds12 came upstairs, grudgingly did dishes, then stomped back off downstairs; for his lovely teenager-ish actions he's been informed he loses his electronics until his attitude & dishes are cleaned up!!

DS14 is starting a new wrestling program today that is FREE, but does require extra driving from MOM -- but I'm going to check with his school to see if there is a bus that goes from middle school to high school, so he can ride, rather than me needing to make extra driving a part of my week.

AFter all school children are at their proper schools, I'm buying groceies, then coming home to work on mending Dh's work jeans some more, plus make another place mat or 6, AND (fun for me), make knitting project bags -- something nicer than a gallon-size ziplock bag. Also need to wash laundry, clean bathrooms, and sweep kitchen floor.

Jackie has reminded me... I need to make lotion BAD! I'm 110% out, and have been using one of my ingredients as a substitute. So... I may make lotion today (at latest, tomorrow or Wednesday)... only thing is, I like to make LOTS and experiment with at least one different recipe besides my usual one when I make lotion... today's experiment may be this one: https://www.diynatural.com/herbal-homemade-body-lotion/, or a variation of it.

Happy Monday Everyone!

=) Gayle
Last edited by gaylejackson2 on Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Jackielou wrote:It will be another no spend day. Hubby does need a pair of pj bottoms and would like me to sew him some flannel ones.... No fabric....I may make a trip this week sometime to the Salvation Army to see if they have any suitable flannel sheets, if not I will check our Dollar Tree and Walmart for flannel sheets. That would give me more than enough material for pj bottoms (perhaps two pair even depending on the size of the sheets).
Courtesy of my friend who moved to Canada a few years back, I have more fabric than I'll use in any 10 years of solid sewing... I'd mail you one of my 5 yard chunks of flannel if I could... and if it's be cost effective.

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

gaylejackson2 wrote:Good morning everyone,

I've been online looking up Marching Band fees and camps for Ds14... I know he thinks that because he signed up, then its all going to be a cakewalk, BUT... its not.. only $365 for summer/fall/school-year fees!!! :shock: Plus food!!! *sigh* Just another thing to save for!

=) Gayle
Yes our marching band fees for next year will be $400. that included camps transportation to games.

Then the parent/booster organization does 2 fund raisers a year. We sponsor an Antique show. We split the entrance fees with to guy who coordinates the dealers and then we serve concessions. Parents donate 10 lbs of potatoes and we make potato soup, parents donate baked goods for a bake sale and we all work. Some pizza dinners comes from those funds. But we also get together and supply dinner for the kids before football games. They set up a sign-up genius for different people to bring main dishes, sides, drinks and a dessert. Sometimes a parent will do several catagories. This is where you will often see parents who do not volunteer much time will have pizza, salad, get brought in. I usually sign up to bring a large batch of my chickn and noodles. The kids usually eat up lasagna or a ziti dish.