Easter Buffet Ideas ????

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Easter Buffet Ideas ????

Post by alliesmama4 »

gaylejackson2 wrote:
ohjodi wrote:
gaylejackson2 wrote: Well, my Mom made pickled vegetables out of cauliflower, carrots, onions, peppers, garlic, and hot red peppers -- it was soooo good! But I think her recipe died with her... your description made me think of them.
Giardiniera!! In Chicago you're born eating that on Italian beef sandwiches!

You can get it at the grocery store by the pickles and olives, or there's a million recipes online!

Num, num, num!
Oh good, I'll have to look up recipes for it this fall. I rather miss eating it!

=)Gayle
Gayle after the veggies are gone I usually add my own veggies to the leftover juice. I cook them a little bit to soften them and then put them in the juice.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

alliesmama4 wrote:
gaylejackson2 wrote:
ohjodi wrote: Well, my Mom made pickled vegetables out of cauliflower, carrots, onions, peppers, garlic, and hot red peppers -- it was soooo good! But I think her recipe died with her... your description made me think of them.
Giardiniera!! In Chicago you're born eating that on Italian beef sandwiches!

You can get it at the grocery store by the pickles and olives, or there's a million recipes online!

Num, num, num!
Gayle after the veggies are gone I usually add my own veggies to the leftover juice. I cook them a little bit to soften them and then put them in the juice.. Janet Alliesmama
That's a good idea.

WE sometimes slice up fresh cucumbers into leftover dill pickle juice, in a few days we have more pickles. :)
rinty

Post by rinty »

Hey guys, I am just revisisting this thread, some lovley recipe ideas. I had forgotten the corn pudding one and as, it happens a US friend gave me a packet of JIffy corn muffin mix so that corn pudding sorted for Easter 2018 !!!!

Dessert will be bought but decorated by me..............does that count ? Meh, I am not Wonderwoman. We bought a huge COSTCO cheesecake we'll serve with various fruit coulis and a MASSIVE tin of lemon filled panettone, only other offering will be DDs baked sugar cookies. I will be flinging pastel mini easter eggs over everything for décor, Easter being so early I doubt there will be much flowering in the garden.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

You have so many suggestions I have not read them ll. We have moved to a brnch where we have the ham, homemade quiche, fruit and sweet rolls and la de da.

When we did dinner we had ham, green beans with bacon, rolls and butter (usually homemade), one kind of potato, a gigantic salad and relish tra just for the basics.

We also had veggies and dip or a cheese ball prior.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Ahhh, I have already been told that the old stand by turkey and all the trimmings must be had. As far as desserts are concerned, it all depends on the wrist whether or not I bake or buy.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

You all have made me RAVENOUS!!!!!