Daily Check in Sept 26, 2015

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Re: Daily Check in Sept 26, 2015

Post by LWolfT »

Good afternoon!
Jackie ... glad your power is fixed, and enjoy your road trip :)

Annie, your lentil soup sounds like the kind that I make.

Been threatening rain off and on, but it's cooler, so the AC is off. Picked more beans and peppers, finally got my little pile of beans ready for the freezer. Couple of loads of laundry (unfortunately, they both went in the dryer due to the weather ... one of the downsides of working, can't wait for better weather.)

Went to Meijer last night for a bit of a stock-up since they were doing the 5% off coupon. Good time to get cat food :) Found quarts of milk on markdown for 40 cents each!

Senior Gal's checkup went pretty well. Vet is pleased about how well she's done considering it's been almost a year since she was diagnosed. But he sees some signs that things may be slipping, so we'll see what the blood work shows.

Want to go to Fresh Thyme and get the squash that's on sale; then over to Kroger to get a ham. If I feel like it when I get back, I may bake some muffins for next week's lunches.
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

Hi all, I'm back from vacation. Absolutely terrible weather so we came back a day early. Now I can get some things done on Sunday. Because we were cooped inside there was not much spending this week. I have unpacked and put things in their proper homes. Now I have a lot of laundry to wash - even the stuff we did not wear smells musty of course.
Have a relaxing Sunday.
BeckyO

Post by BeckyO »

Evening Y'All,
It's been a No Spend for the last 3 days. I may go to the store tomorrow, I need fresh fruit, bread and munchies.
It's been a quiet day, Haven't spoken to a soul.I planned a popcorn and DVD night,but read instead, I will do that another day.
I did a little hand laundry and a few dishes,not much else, today. No, I didn;t say that was all to do just that was all I Did, LOL
Have a good evening,
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Enjoyed my road trip. Got stocked up and felt very vindicated as to my customer card at one store. Youngest DS said that my card more then paid for what I purchased today. Savings at 50% add up.

Groceries put away for the most part. Just freezing a few items and will put them through the Food Saver tomorrow.

Supposed to be getting frost soon so all above ground veggies will be picked tomorrow.

Off to read a bit and then to bed.

Jackie
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/