Daily check in October 7, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily check in October 7, 2017

Post by alliesmama4 »

dlrcpa wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:00 pm Good afternoon. Neighbor called me around 2pm and said she was about to call the ambulance, was bleeding and could not get it to stop (she is on some medication that makes this a problem.) She wanted me to wait w/ her on her porch. My disaster training kicked in and I grabbed first aid kit and latex gloves. She seemed to have it under control at the time so I did not touch her, blood everywhere though. I did open a few bandages from the kit just for good measure. ;) Heard the sirens (1 truck 1 ambulance) and went to the street and waved them in. Gosh I think it is a job requirement that all firemen must be handsome. 1 woman and 5 men. They stopped the bleeding and were taking her to the hospital for obs. Her husband is on his way home from about 2 hours away. That is my excitement for the day.

You all stay out of trouble!
Congrats on being a good neighbor.. Hope she will be ok. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Happychoice

Post by Happychoice »

Oh such a lovely Saturday of a long week end here in Canada. Our Thanksgiving is on Monday. Great weather forecast for all three days... I'm overlooking the showers that are called for, 'cause the temp is perfect. Around 20 deg. C. It's still shorts and sandals weather. :) Nate is supposed to be visiting us Monday sometime.

It's been a spend free day here in my frugal land. I did a large groc. shop last week end so nothing needed for at least another week. Exercise was free while walking to the pharmacy to drop off a prescrip. to put on hold in case it will be needed and on the way I picked up books at the library along with the movie La La Land. I'll watch it sometime this week but not tonite as it's the home opener of the hockey season and I won't be missing it. Toronto Maple Leafs are my team.

Everything eaten today has been prepared at home, including the veggie stir fry for my dinner. After that, another walk then settling in for entertainment. Along with one eye on the game, one eye will be on a baby blanket I'm working on for a charity.

Those pesky hurricanes just won't leave all you southerners alone this year. Stay safe if you are impacted in any way. Til later. Connie
Happiness is a choice!
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

Neighbor called while hubby and I were out to dinner. I had talked to her husband who arrived home around 4:30. She has been having some sort of vein surgery on her legs. This one had not healed, scab popped off and that is why she bled. They ended up putting a stitch in the vein or tied it off at the hospital, not quite sure. She left a long phone message on the machine that was not really coherent, but the doctors assured her she was right to go to the ER.

Clem good job filling in the holes for the dog runs. It will give the dogs something to do to dig the holes again. :lol:
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

dlrcpa wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:56 pm Neighbor called while hubby and I were out to dinner. I had talked to her husband who arrived home around 4:30. She has been having some sort of vein surgery on her legs. This one had not healed, scab popped off and that is why she bled. They ended up putting a stitch in the vein or tied it off at the hospital, not quite sure. She left a long phone message on the machine that was not really coherent, but the doctors assured her she was right to go to the ER.

Clem good job filling in the holes for the dog runs. It will give the dogs something to do to dig the holes again. :lol:
Glad to know your neighbor is ok.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

Good Evening,

I had to work a job fair in a town about 40 miles away today. That started at 9 and went till 1. I have free breakfast and lunch there.

Then I took myself shopping to WalMart and some other stores I don't get to go to anymore because they aren't normally conveniently located - but they were near the location of the job fair.

With well planned lists and coupons and Ibotta rebates I ended up paying $68.70 at Walmart for $103.06 worth of items and $11.35 at a grocery store for $32.77 worth of items - this included a free pint of ice cream, a free bag of bean chips and a free candy bar.

I then met up with a friend at Subway for dinner. I had coupons and gave her one to use. All in all a good day. I am not one who is much for shopping but when I am well organized like that and am going just for deals on things I need and a few "little treats" for myself, I enjoy it.

I got home in time to get the dogs walked just a little bit after dark. Have been relaxing and watching HGTV on Hulu ever since. Two more days off for the long weekend.

Happy Thanksgiving (early) to those in Canada getting ready to celebrate on Monday.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

2dogs+someCats wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:45 pm Good Evening,

I had to work a job fair in a town about 40 miles away today. That started at 9 and went till 1. I have free breakfast and lunch there.

Then I took myself shopping to WalMart and some other stores I don't get to go to anymore because they aren't normally conveniently located - but they were near the location of the job fair.

With well planned lists and coupons and Ibotta rebates I ended up paying $68.70 at Walmart for $103.06 worth of items and $11.35 at a grocery store for $32.77 worth of items - this included a free pint of ice cream, a free bag of bean chips and a free candy bar.

I then met up with a friend at Subway for dinner. I had coupons and gave her one to use. All in all a good day. I am not one who is much for shopping but when I am well organized like that and am going just for deals on things I need and a few "little treats" for myself, I enjoy it.

I got home in time to get the dogs walked just a little bit after dark. Have been relaxing and watching HGTV on Hulu ever since. Two more days off for the long weekend.

Happy Thanksgiving (early) to those in Canada getting ready to celebrate on Monday.
Sheila sounds like you had a great frugal day.. Glad you have a long week-end to recuperate in after working so hard helping your DS though her pain.. Enjoy your days off you have earned them. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama