California fires: Relatives in area?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Sandy

California fires: Relatives in area?

Post by Sandy »

These fires in California are bad! I have many family members in harm's way and at least one cousin's mother has lost everything except the clothes on her back. She is in very bad health and my cousin said her mom didn't even have time to grab her medicines, just an armful of small oxygen bottles and out the door she pushed her, the fire already burning the back of the house.
floridacatlover

Re: California fires: Relatives in area?

Post by floridacatlover »

I don’t have friends or relatives in the area but I’ve been following it this evening and it’s devastating. I follow a decorating blog based in Petaluma and she sounded frantic even though it hadn’t reached her area. It came up so, so fast, just since overnight from what I understand. Santa Rosa, Napa, Sonoma have been hit hard as well as the rural areas. I visited the wine country years ago and loved it. Ten dead and 1,500 structures destroyed as of the last report. Sfgate.com (San Francisco Chronicle) has good coverage.
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

floridacatlover wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:25 pm I don’t have friends or relatives in the area but I’ve been following it this evening and it’s devastating. I follow a decorating blog based in Petaluma and she sounded frantic even though it hadn’t reached her area. It came up so, so fast, just since overnight from what I understand. Santa Rosa, Napa, Sonoma have been hit hard as well as the rural areas. I visited the wine country years ago and loved it. Ten dead and 1,500 structures destroyed as of the last report. Sfgate.com (San Francisco Chronicle) has good coverage.
My cousin's mom lives in Napa.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Do Y'all remember Mount Shasta Donna?

I was thinking about her today. Hope she is okay.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Prayers for your family, Sandy. I hope that the winds die down and they get the fires contained.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Oh that is scary for you all's family. I'll pray that they can get the fires contained.

I looked on the CAL Fire map, http://www.calfire.ca.gov/general/firemaps, and I could see that my brother isn't in the fire zone. He lives around San Jose or Santa Clara.