Picked up new glasses today...

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
DesertNay

Re: Picked up new glasses today...

Post by DesertNay »

I gave up on mine. They were impossible to use since for most of my work, I need to look down at my desk and then up at my laptop screen a million times a day. If you don't adjust to them, return them. You may get a full refund or something toward regular readers.
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

LWolfT wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:47 am It can take me the better part of a week to get used to a new prescription ... and I've worn glasses for decades. It may be, too, that you need more adjustment ... since it's the first time you've worn glasses, it may take a bit to find the right alignment for you.

I take it you're farsighted? DH who also is farsighted couldn't hack the progressives ... he had to switch to traditional bifocals. If things don't improve, you may need to consider that.

Best advice is to be patient ... keep going back if you feel it needs adjustment. I know it's a pain, but it's a BIG change for you.
That's what I'm thinking. The company who made my progressives gives you 30 days to adjust. If you can tell that isn't going to happen, they will remake the lenses anyway you want at no extra charge.

My eye doctor wears the progressives and said it took him a week to adjust. I'm giving it until next Tuesday, I think, and then reaccess.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

My husband is far-sighted and hated progressives. He had a pair of bifocals made for reading and another for watching TV and is much happier.
Mackie
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

Sandy, I think it took me a couple of weeks to adjust to my no line bifocals. BE VERY CAREFUL GOING UP AND DOWN STAIRS, STEPPING UP AND DOWN FROM CURBS, ETC.!!!
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

2dogs+someCats wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:24 pm Sandy, I think it took me a couple of weeks to adjust to my no line bifocals. BE VERY CAREFUL GOING UP AND DOWN STAIRS, STEPPING UP AND DOWN FROM CURBS, ETC.!!!
I know! I sometimes feel as if I'm marching, lol.