Daily Check in Oct. 11, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
dlrcpa

Re: Daily Check in Oct. 11, 2017

Post by dlrcpa »

Good evening. Updated my resume, wrote a cover letter and applied to 3 jobs. Just so annoyed at the current boss. It is the rare individual I cannot get along with and she is one. So not worth my time to superhuman effort to get along in my opinion.

DH is out for the evening. I will make some quick pasta for supper. Very tired so planning to go to bed early. DH woke me this morning or I would have been late to work.

Tomorrow night we get to practice with fire extinguishers and the fire department will be there, should be interesting. Last night was the triage exercise which was rather stressful. One volunteer was in tears and saying she could not do the exercise beforehand. I don't know if she completed it or not. Some people just get overwhelmed at the thought. Yes it was stressful but that is the point of practicing, so we get better and more confident.

Hope the rest of the week goes better!
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good evening ...
Rainy and downright chilly today. Temps are supposed to go back up ...
Not a lot going on ... the company I do some work for has had computer system troubles, so it's be a lot of start-and-stop today.
Ran some errands, laundry, dishwasher ... usual stuff. Right now, there's a turkey in the oven ... bought it on sale a while back ... it's spent the last few days thawing in the fridge :lol: Very glad it's out of the freezer! (I also suspect dinner will be set for quite a few days.)
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

What a day

Got up and went to breakfast with family and friends. Someone paid for all our meals and it was so nice!!

Then came home to get ready for my first sub assignment. Good thing I got there early. Met my group in the cafeteria. I forgot how loud kids can be - so that woke me up.

But the rest of the afternoon went well. Wasn't hard at all. Even left a few minutes early. Not a bad gig!

Made the day go faster too. I came home and did my chores and now relaxing.

Have a great evening all