Daily Check in Oct. 12, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Oct. 12, 2017

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,

Watching news reports about the CA wildfires. How awful.

Today is a work int he office day. After work I need to go but items to make sandwiches for the band kids. We are traveling 90 minute or so to the football game so we decided to pack a sack lunch and eat on the coach. Pre-made sandwiches are twice the cost than I thought so we are going to make them to order, lunch-lady-style.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Dgflorida

Re: Daily Check in Oct. 12, 2017

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all,

I will have to run to the store today or tomorrow. Out of turkey bacon for breakfast. I tried another brand last time and decided to go back to my original thin brand. One slice for hubs this morning. Hubs can get out to the porch now. He says it is the weight loss, 60lbs, with help from the medications. He goes on medical holiday in a few days, so I am glad the weather is nice right now. His diet is so working for him. Last night, I grilled a beef roast out on the wood from the yard grill. It was perfect. He had quite a bit of it and it cleaned up some yard limbs as well.

Yesterday, I didn't get much done outside. Another record high. I did take care of some inside tasks, decluttered a bit and did some reading. My reading is more like research. I get interested in something I read from FB and then research it. Yesterday it was the effects of destroying cultural and symbolic items embodying a nation's morals on the long term development of its society. It is so easy to do research with the internet.

We are still arguing over the cat litter box. Hubs hates the shredded paper. I like it. So I get to clean the litter box more often than not. I want to keep the shredded paper litter box since it motivates us to shred the papers rather than pile them up. I will begin incorporating the paper into the garden eventually. Little wars.

I've lost 10 pounds on hubs low carb diet and I haven't even tried. I am in normal weight now, but I will be ok if another 10 go away. ;)

Well, off to start the day, do laundry, debone chicken, clean house. Good day to you all.
blondeinbuffalo

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

Good morning all! only today and tomorrow and I will be officially retired as of 6:01pm on friday. feeling good about my decision. this week has been easy. last week was tough as I had to tell my clients I would be leaving. but this week all is easy breezsy.

fall cleaning will begin as soon as we get back from vacation. looking forward to two relaxing weeks with my dh. I will also be getting more into extreme couponing for stockpiles as needed. I don't want to be warehousing more than 6 months supply of anything!

hope all is well with everyone! cj
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Today seems to be laundry day. I have 4 loads of wash today. I had hoped to bake today but with this much laundry decided against it.

The washer and dryer do most of it. 2 of the loads will only require hanging on hangers.

Yesterday, I sent one of my internet friends a needle gauge. She needed one I have too many. I just slipped it into an envelope and mailed it. They may be small and I really don’t get more space. As I keep them in a tin and it takes the same amount of space. But it is still decluttering.

Penny
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning.. Misty rain and chilly. WE need the rain desperately.

I have a serious decision to make. My friend is thinking of finding a new home for her dog that I am babysitting. He really belongs to her DD but her DD is leaving for the navy in Nov. She feels he has to spend too much time in his crate since she and her SO have to work long hours. It would be at least a 10 years commitment.. He is a shih tzu around 5 years old. He has really mellowed out and adapted more to me since he has been here..Anyone have an opinion. I will be 83 in 10 years..

Not much going on here except for going for my weekly B-12 shot.
Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Nice bright sunny cool day.

I slept with the window open. Been a while since I could do that. I did have to run the AC a bit yesterday cuz it got stuffy and smelly in here. But once the sun went down, it got cool again and it didn't come back on. This is perfect weather. Humidity it low or feels like it is. Yesterday was supposed to be chilly but it got very humid and warmish - still in the 80s but felt blah.

Not sure what I will do today. There are things that I have to do but just don't want to do them. See - this is why having a job will help me with this procrastination! I'm just not one to sit here and enjoy housework or hobbies to occupy my time. Now I could be on the internet for hours, lol. I did a lot when I got home yesterday. And yes I can volunteer but that gets expensive for me. I tend to just start handing out money! So this way, I occupy my time and make money to hand out - makes sense to me.

Have a great day all.