One of our own frugals here wrote a book!

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
frugalmom

One of our own frugals here wrote a book!

Post by frugalmom »

I was looking for free Kindle unlimited downloads I can add to my Kindle library (you can download app to your smartphone so you don't have to have an actual Kindle so FREE and you can add books for FREE even without Kindle Unlimited or Prime. They have free books all the time and you just watch for it!). I have so many books that I will have a lifetime of reading and free!

As I was browsing I saw a picture of our own. Remember the picture of Marie dancing with her husband and it was such a nice picture-very loving one. So I remembered that and her name is Marie Brack! Marie, you should have let us know you published a book!
It is titled, "Frugal Living for the 21st Century: Adventures in Using Your Money Wisely". It has good reviews too! Now normally, I do NOT buy books esp Kindle bc I rather go to the library and get a physical book unless it is free then I will read it on Kindle. That is for my waiting time in dr offices, practices, carpooling kids times, etc so I have my cell and read my Kindle books and pass the time! That or listen to my Dave Ramsey or Stacking Benjamins, his or Her show or FIRE type of podcasts or watch Youtube with Dining on the Dime Tawra or Economides Family(love both of them and their families). MY kids say I am a NERD lol(I make them listen to it too since they have to listen as I carpool so it will sink in one day and yes, I subject their friends in the carpool to listen too! Yes, I don;t care if I am embarrassing-they may learn something somewhere!).

Anyway, so I did splurge on her Kindle book(2.99) bc she is part of our frugal forum family and it looked good (probably everything we know since we are just as frugal but that is my only hobby reading about frugality. Sorry, Marie, cannot afford the paperback bc I am on a strict budget these days so tried the next best thing to support your efforts! And since I rarely splurge on anything for ME, that was quite a big splurge for me these days(I give myself 20.00 a month and usually save it for the kids!)! I am very proud of your accomplishment! Way to GO! And if you are on here, let us know how it is going and how you are doing!? And how the book is doing! Do you have a blog too now?

Let us know if you have any other books! Also anyone else on here with blogs or books let us know so we can visit them and how are you doing on those? How did you learn how to do all this stuff? Was it had? Like these days I feel my brain is not working as well like I must be getting dumb or something and cannot figure things out anymore as I used to (and I was quite smart before at least in getting good grades-lol! BUT like I said common sense I may have a ways to go-lol-my dh is the go-to for that one! LOL! His recent neuro testing showed he has a lot of common sense and I laughed and said yes,THAT he has! Everything else went kaput(from head injury) but that is still intact so that is one silver lining! Thank goodness he kept that portion in his brain!

SO CONGRATULATIONS MARIE!!! JOB WELL_DONE!
RecoveringDreamer

Re: One of our own frugals here wrote a book!

Post by RecoveringDreamer »

I have a blog. I don't make money from it, but enjoy writing it.

I use blogger, so it is really easy. No coding knowledge needed. There are some click and drag widgets you can add. DH uses Wordpress for his blogs, but I like Blogger. I also have a Facebook page and Pinterest. There are buttons at the bottom of my blog posts so I just click to share and get more traffic.
A Life Beyond Money
Self Sufficiency. Simple Living. Frugality.

www.alifebeyondmoney.blogspot.com
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

RecoveringDreamer wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:02 am I have a blog. I don't make money from it, but enjoy writing it.

I use blogger, so it is really easy. No coding knowledge needed. There are some click and drag widgets you can add. DH uses Wordpress for his blogs, but I like Blogger. I also have a Facebook page and Pinterest. There are buttons at the bottom of my blog posts so I just click to share and get more traffic.
I like your blog-esp how you divided it into different sections! Cool that your trucker has an acting job! My oldest dd belongs to SAG and does movies,commercials,billboards,tv shows,etc. Right now though,she just had a little boy named Zane!
RecoveringDreamer

Post by RecoveringDreamer »

frugalmom wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:53 pm
RecoveringDreamer wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:02 am I have a blog. I don't make money from it, but enjoy writing it.

I like your blog-esp how you divided it into different sections! Cool that your trucker has an acting job! My oldest dd belongs to SAG and does movies,commercials,billboards,tv shows,etc. Right now though,she just had a little boy named Zane!
He enjoys acting. It was something he always wanted to do. Around his 40th he decided he was going to give it a shot. He has done a few movies, a TV show and a commercial. He also started volunteering and playing on a softball league. I tease him that he is having the healthiest midlife crisis ever!
A Life Beyond Money
Self Sufficiency. Simple Living. Frugality.

www.alifebeyondmoney.blogspot.com
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

RecoveringDreamer wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:31 pm
frugalmom wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:53 pm

He enjoys acting. It was something he always wanted to do. Around his 40th he decided he was going to give it a shot. He has done a few movies, a TV show and a commercial. He also started volunteering and playing on a softball league. I tease him that he is having the healthiest midlife crisis ever!
LOL-that is funny!