HOUSING. Picking Your Brains!

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
littlemiss63

Re: HOUSING. Picking Your Brains!

Post by littlemiss63 »

Shelia,

I hope things work out for your sister. I know it would be hard to give up the dogs since she's been through such trauma, but she has got to think about herself first and foremost. I would have to have a roof over my head regardless.

Lending companies have gotten so strict in their rules since the real estate crash so I don't understand all the in's and outs anymore.

Afraid, I'm not much help in the information department here.
2dogs+someCats

Re: HOUSING. Picking Your Brains!

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

littlemiss63 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:12 pm Shelia,

I hope things work out for your sister. I know it would be hard to give up the dogs since she's been through such trauma, but she has got to think about herself first and foremost. I would have to have a roof over my head regardless.

Lending companies have gotten so strict in their rules since the real estate crash so I don't understand all the in's and outs anymore.

Afraid, I'm not much help in the information department here.
Thank you Libby. I know "it's not fair" and all that ... but I think if it had been me I would have jumped on the place that will allow two pets and re-homed one of the dogs - or at least talked with the people, explained the situation and ASKED about having three.

Her dogs are 100% housebroken. Where she currently lives is absolutely spotless ALL the time, always has been, and any landlord would have no worries about the dogs doing damage, having "accidents", etc. - but from a landlord's point of view, I understand their concerns.

I have tried to help and she has done most everything she can (except make that darn phone call - which frustrates me to no end). If she ends up back at my parents' place -- well, it will be what it will be. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and works out the way it is supposed to - even if it isn't what we think we want.