Daily Check in Nov 11, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in Nov 11, 2017

Post by clemencia2us »

JCKitty - hope your brother settles down!

DGFlorida - I am growing a raised bed of butter lettuce. Started them from seed I bought several years ago - 30 cents or so for the package. I did have to transplant after they sprouted, but other than watering, not much work goes into it. They are doing very well.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Getting ready to go to a veteran's day ceremony.

I am feeling a bit better. The day started out nice and sunny, but now is over cast again.

It is going to warm up to the 70s.

Hope all have a great day.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

itspennyc wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:45 am My shopping helper called she is running late. So she will be here about 9 am. This just means I start cooking the soup later.

I am no longer cold. I didn’t really warm up until about 6 pm. I missed checking my voice mail. The Dr’s office called. So I have to wait until Monday to find out the results of the radiology.

I had to fix my walker as on of the brakes came off of the frame. The part that presses against the wheel. I put it back on I don’t know if it will hold or not. If it doesn’t I will have to order a new one. Because the part of the walker damaged is the frame itself. I think the person who took me yesterday got it caught it on something metal in her trunk. I saw her jerk it out.

Not much else is new here.

Penny
Penny so good to see you are back and posting. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Morning Everyone,

Cold and beautiful, but I am ready to meet one of my former co-workers for lunch so I will just bundle up. I haven't seen her in about 2 years so really looking forward to catching up with all the gossip. She knows everyone and is still working there so it should be a fun time.

Week-ends are for relaxing and I have started it off right. Not much to do here this morning. I spread my bed, just folded everything back as I know I want have company today. I am going to pick up a few things for my daughters birthday dinner while I'm out and I already have the ingredients to make her German Chocolate Cake. It's her favorite and I have made it every year since she was about 6 years old. It's a tradition!

I have a good friend who lost her husband a year ago who has moved to Florida. She is begging me to come spend the winter with her. I wish I could, but I have to many obligations to go for the winter. I may go for a couple of weeks though. She is so lonely and having been there myself I know exactly what she's going through. Life stinks sometimes.

Kitty, family drama is just the pits. For a change it seems like our whole family is getting along and it sure is nice. My DSis-In law is usually the one who keeps things in a tizzy in our family. I swear sometimes she lives for drama. I don't know how my brother lives with her, but what do I know. I would have thrown in the towel a long time ago on that relationship.

Well I am off, so everyone have a wonderful days. Those of you that have posted
sound like you are going to do exactly that.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ... A big thank you to all to those who have served.
Sunny and cold again.
Ran into a glitch with the materials for the work we're doing on the house, so the main rooms are going to look pretty ragged for a while.
The folks I do some seasonal contract work for offered a project, but given the computer equipment that I'd have to get (webcam, second monitor), and the description of how the project is being run, it sounds like this is something that should take place on-site, so I'll pass.
DH thinks he can fix the gutter, but he needed a cordless drill, so we picked up an inexpensive one yesterday. (Actually, he found a cordless drill a while back, but it didn't have the charger. We can get one, but turns out we could buy the same drill, plus battery and charger, for less than the price of the charger alone. And we wonder why things end up in landfills.)
Today, various chores ... DH is planning a listen to football/cook day. (We'll be whacking our Halloween pumpkin today.)
Kitty, hope things settle down with your brother. Don't understand folks' need to create drama.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

To all our Veterans, Thank you for your sacrifices and the sacrifices of your families.
Thank you for putting your lives on the line to keep us all safe.