Daily Check in Nov 13, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
littlemiss63

Re: Daily Check in Nov 13, 2017

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Afternoon Friends,

I'm not really awake, but I'm moving. I had to be at the Dr's office this morning for my 6 months check-up at 8:30. My butt is dragging because I had to get up at 6:00 in order to get there on time. Wouldn't have had to get up quite that early normally, but there is the never ending road construction that slows everybody down. Anyhow, it's over and done with, I'm fit as a fiddle and got my flu shot.

The birthday dinner was a huge success and I even gave my daughter a pass on doing the dishes. I told her that I could do those dishes after they went home, so we just had a nice evening catching up on all the gossip in our family. Nobody was in the mood for a movie.

I am finally caught up on all my Dr's appointment for the year. I'm telling you by the time you go to all the different ones that we have to see yearly you feel like you have accomplished something major. I had to postpone my annual hearing test because of my arm, but got that one in the latter part of last week. Feels good to have everything taken care of.

I'm pretty well caught up on everything so I'm going to spend the rest of the day knitting and doing absolutely nothing.

Jackie, I missed that gene that you have about feeling behind if you sleep in late. LOL I probably see a nap during the afternoon.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Oh and speaking of Thanksgiving - will go ahead and make things I like to take to my sibling's house.

They are terrible cooks. For example - what I thought were mashed potatoes turned out to be GRAVY. Thick - gloppy, tasteless just flour and water gravy. She makes it all the time. I'm taking my own. LOL

I don't care anymore!!! :mrgreen:

also taking mashed potatoes - made with lots of butter and sour cream.

I go because they invite me because they feel sorry for me for living here with a crazy old dude and a pack of wild dogs. :mrgreen: So I indulge them by making an appearance! I do make our own feast here.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Everybody talking about Thanksgiving reminded me it's only ten days away. That's also my PITA older brother's 60th birthday, so he will be expecting something lavish. However, I am still having problems with plantar fasciitis and can't stand on our tile kitchen floor for long, lavish is not going to happen.

I am going to get a bakery to make his favorite cake, then we're going to have a heat and serve ham, rolls, and two vegetable sides. Since no one can agree on what two veggies they like, I haven't yet chosen the sides. It may wind up being green peas and mac & cheese, since 2/3 of those attending like those.
Mackie
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

clemencia2us wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:48 pm Oh and speaking of Thanksgiving - will go ahead and make things I like to take to my sibling's house.

They are terrible cooks. For example - what I thought were mashed potatoes turned out to be GRAVY. Thick - gloppy, tasteless just flour and water gravy. She makes it all the time. I'm taking my own. LOL

I don't care anymore!!! :mrgreen:

also taking mashed potatoes - made with lots of butter and sour cream.

I go because they invite me because they feel sorry for me for living here with a crazy old dude and a pack of wild dogs. :mrgreen: So I indulge them by making an appearance! I do make our own feast here.
LOL....the mashed potatoes/gravy thing......
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Yea - I can remember the face I made when I realized it was "gravy" - OMG!!

She thinks of it as cream gravy - but no. She is not the best cook and has a hard time of thinking of things to make for herself. She feeds the younger grandkids the same thing all the time - boxed spaghetti. She normally goes to the drive through for food.

I have another sister that thinks she is a gourmet cook and is always trying new things. The last time she "cooked" for us - I had to come home to eat. She was staying with gravy sibling and told us to come over for dinner. She said she had gone to the store and bought a ton of food.

Turned out to be nothing but salad stuff. Ate a plate and was waiting for the main course - nope. That was it. Green salad with some nuts and fruit thrown in and raspberry dressing. I needed a STEAK!
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

Interview people were lovely and I would definitely look forward to working with them. I hope to get an offer soon.

Had my annual physical today, won't get the results for a few days. At least it is done. Need to go to the health insurance site and do some paperwork to collect my "reward" for doing that.