Daily Check in Nov 14, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Nov 14, 2017

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning frugal friends,

Not too much going on here. I completed my task of outlining material for my Project Mgmt certification. A conversation in my support group got me really thinking last night. I am still processing my whole relationship.

I need to go dig up some breakfast and lunch to take with me.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Dgflorida

Re: Daily Check in Nov 14, 2017

Post by Dgflorida »

Good lovely morning all,

Florida perfect weather promised for today. Hubs visit to my ophthalmologist yesterday was successful. They agreed to take him on as a patient. They specialize in retinal and macular diseases only. I think he will get good quality care with them. Iritis is just a catch all term for eye inflammation according to the doctor, not an actual diagnosis.

Unfortunately, doctor visits take hours at this age and pretty much use up the day. We stopped at the Walmart near the doctor's office and got the cheap softener salt. After delivering hubs home, I had to pick up his new script and do shopping. I bought the last turkey for the season, a 28 lb publix turkey with my $10 gift card and some change. It went in the freezer. I have 2 turkeys thawing in the frig for cutting up and refreezing on Saturday. Turkey soup planned for Sunday when it gets cold(for Florida).

When I was finally home in the late afternoon, I walked to the local produce stand and bought some avocados, 2/$1. Great price and good produce. They were out of cucumbers, but expect some on Wednesday. I like walking places, but hubs needs his eye drops every 2 hours and I can't go very far and back in that time frame. :(

Today should be a no spend/stay home day. Rocky racoon and Sally squirrel are still digging up my garden. I have to replant something dug up every day. Very annoying. Today, I have the salt to add and the rest of the bagged soil to spread. My gym work allowed me to pick up the 40 lb salt bag easily yesterday and I hope it helps me with the soil bags today. I also need to get the foundation cleared for the bug control people who are due this month. I missed bed/band exercises yesterday morning because hubs needed to get to the doctor early. But I did them today and I feel better and more prepared for outside work.

I have a coupon to use, expires tomorrow, but tomorrow is a normal spend day. So I will have all my coupons finished and have things I need at a lesser price. It feel good to be frugal.

Well, off to get the day started. Have a good day everyone.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

Mom had a bad day on Sunday (very confused) but a good day yesterday, back to normal. I did not go with her to the therapy yesterday but may go today. Need to check to make sure the appt. with the orthopedic doctor has been set up.

I got a call from the woman whose car I hit on Saturday. Really just some scratches but she said the estimate was $284 - I guess not surprising with car repair prices these days. If it were me I would have said it was a nothing and just used car touch up paint. That's what I'll do on the scratches on my bumper. I really didn't know what to do but decided just to pay her the $284 out of pocket and get her to sign a statement saying I've paid in full for the damage. Painful to spend the money but I guess my insurance would increase if I went through them.

I'm hoping to have coffee with a friend this afternoon. I'm trying to be with mom for all her meals.

Have a good day.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Good Morning frugal friends,

Dh left at 5:45am with ds15, taking him to early morning wrestling practice/weight-lifting. Dh was very grumpy, shouting at us, and slamming doors -- his project manager at work is piling more on him so that He (manager) can take a longer Thanksgiving vacation, and dh already feels swamped just with what the guys under him have been doing (at least one wrecked truck, another guy in jail because of a suspended license, etc). Plus today is 2 days before his colonoscopy and he gets to start "soft foods" today, no raw fruits or veggies, no breads or meats, just cooked pureed fruits & veggies. *sigh* I foresee more grumpy days this week, especially tomorrow. I sent him off with leftover homemade tomato soup & a container of applesauce for lunch.

Dd4 just showed up, she wanted her morning snuggle. "I'm still your tiny baby, right Mama?" :lol: She says it every morning, and pouts if I don't say it back... its our thing we do together, and as she is starting to grow more now, I don't mind. Now dd6 is up... I blame the time change as their little bodies aren't recognizing the time on the clock.

I've decided that a daily list isn't for me, at least not while I've got other distractions at home. I made a weekly list, and will have to see how much I can get done, I kept adding to it yesterday. :lol:

I'll do my shopping this morning after I drop off kids at school, then home to work on learning how to navigate the school district's online Sub Teacher website, AESOP, as there are several videos and tutorials for it.

AND I just realized that the calls I got today and yesterday morning were From the School District!!! ACK!! BUT I'm not ready to do this yet, especially where I need to help with Dh's colonoscopy this week, and I need to get my Preschool applications completed for dd4.

More laundry to work on, plus GF bread to make, and GF flour to mix up... if I keep writing it, maybe I'll remember to do it, yes?

Since my 4 remaining children at home are now all awake (I keep stopping typing to help one of them), time for me to stop, get my breakfast, and get ready for the day.

Today's dinner according to my menu is Venison crumbled in gravy over rice, and steamed veggies; I'll puree some rice, veg & gravy together for Dh's dinner.

Today I'm thankful to know that I am definitely in the Sub system, but knowing about the calls kind of scares me too. :lol:

Gayle
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Up a bit earlier today, but I enjoyed the peace and quiet before I hit the ground running this morning. I am still not getting up at my usual hour, but I figure it is because I am having a harder time falling asleep.

Today my to do list is much shorter (well a bit) than yesterday and I did manage to get yesterdays done. I hope to have the same success today.

Should be a very frugal day, I don't plan on spending any cash, unless I get an appointment with Father A today there should be no driving, I will make up the grocery list today, and get bills ready to pay for tomorrow. It will be the 15th of the month the day to go to the bank, and since I will be at the dentist and getting our allowances I may as well make a day of it and do all the spending and errands. Combining errands not only saves time but saves cash as well.

Other frugal happenings here will be the usual. I plan on baking bread, doing some mending, and making all our meals here at home. Leftovers will be packaged and used in other meals or as a meal itself (leftover stir fry from last night will be used for supper later in the week .... probably tomorrow). Hubby still hasn't caught on to the fact he is getting less meat per serving and we are down to two semi meatless meals a week (youngest DS and Hubby still call fish meat).

I have been working on the quilt blocks and am sewing the strips together. I hope to start putting the blocks themselves together today as well. I do have a feeling I may need to make some more of one type, but we will see.

I have also found some links to using scrap materials to make small usable objects. I may be making a few more little things for DH, and the DS's for Christmas. Using up fabric is starting to be loads of fun.

Supper tonight will be some leftover chicken made into a casserole. There will more than likely be leftovers of that (there always is) and I shall make youngest DS a tinfoil dinner and repackage the rest for lunches.

Today I am grateful that the weather is improving once again.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:46 am Good Morning frugal friends,

Dh left at 5:45am with ds15, taking him to early morning wrestling practice/weight-lifting. Dh was very grumpy, shouting at us, and slamming doors -- his project manager at work is piling more on him so that He (manager) can take a longer Thanksgiving vacation, and dh already feels swamped just with what the guys under him have been doing (at least one wrecked truck, another guy in jail because of a suspended license, etc). Plus today is 2 days before his colonoscopy and he gets to start "soft foods" today, no raw fruits or veggies, no breads or meats, just cooked pureed fruits & veggies. *sigh* I foresee more grumpy days this week, especially tomorrow. I sent him off with leftover homemade tomato soup & a container of applesauce for lunch.

Dd4 just showed up, she wanted her morning snuggle. "I'm still your tiny baby, right Mama?" :lol: She says it every morning, and pouts if I don't say it back... its our thing we do together, and as she is starting to grow more now, I don't mind. Now dd6 is up... I blame the time change as their little bodies aren't recognizing the time on the clock.

I've decided that a daily list isn't for me, at least not while I've got other distractions at home. I made a weekly list, and will have to see how much I can get done, I kept adding to it yesterday. :lol:

I'll do my shopping this morning after I drop off kids at school, then home to work on learning how to navigate the school district's online Sub Teacher website, AESOP, as there are several videos and tutorials for it.

AND I just realized that the calls I got today and yesterday morning were From the School District!!! ACK!! BUT I'm not ready to do this yet, especially where I need to help with Dh's colonoscopy this week, and I need to get my Preschool applications completed for dd4.

More laundry to work on, plus GF bread to make, and GF flour to mix up... if I keep writing it, maybe I'll remember to do it, yes?

Since my 4 remaining children at home are now all awake (I keep stopping typing to help one of them), time for me to stop, get my breakfast, and get ready for the day.

Today's dinner according to my menu is Venison crumbled in gravy over rice, and steamed veggies; I'll puree some rice, veg & gravy together for Dh's dinner.

Today I'm thankful to know that I am definitely in the Sub system, but knowing about the calls kind of scares me too. :lol:

Gayle
The AESOP website is really easy to use. Your username is your phone number - and you just need a 5 digit password. You can set it up to show you all jobs available or only the grades you like. Also tell them if you are willing to take phone calls for jobs or not. Some people don't like being called at 6 in the morning to take an emergency job. I only like afternoon half day jobs.