Daily Check in Nov 16, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check in Nov 16, 2017

Post by mbrudnic »

floridacatlover wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:18 pm Thank you all.

Yes, I know that I need to take care of myself. I got exhausted last week staying at the hospital all day for four days and then the first night mom was in rehab I didn’t sleep at all. Last night I slept 10-11 hours. I’m home from the rehab now and going to bed as soon as I take my Rx.
Sending up my prayers for both of you.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:24 pm Hello all.

My mom has suddenly taken a turn for the worse. Yesterday she had a temp and today she needed oxygen. They did a chest xray.

In a way I wish I had brought her home instead of going to the rehab center.

She has been declining for the past six months. Maybe this is her time.

If you pray, could you please put her in your prayers. Her name is Lila.
Florida Cat.. so sorry to hear about your DM. I have said a prayer and will continue to keep her in my thoughts a prayers...((hug)) Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

littlemiss63 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:08 pm Hello Everyone,

What a wonderful day. Ny therapist released me today and I am ecstatic. She wants me to continue my strengthening exercises here at home twice a day for another month, but at least I want have to get dressed and drive to an appointment during the holiday season. Best Christmas present I have ever had. She says that I will be back to 100% strength at the end of the month, within 5% now and in one weeks I improved 10% from where I need to be so she knows I can be counted on to do my in home exercises, which are the same ones we do at her office. I feel like I have my life back.

The only thing I had planned on giving her a red dishcloth (her kitchen accent color is red) for a little thank you present when we finished and since I had no idea I would be released today I've not started it. Her office is very close to the Y where I will be going to start back on my exercise program of walking daily so I can run it by there to her. I will do it tomorrow so she can have it for Thanksgiving.

I feel like I have my life back and I'm going to savor every minute of it. Today I am not going to do anything, but pamper myself to celebrate. I may call a friend to go out to dinner with me.

I haven't done a lot here today since it was therapy day so nothing to tell. Everyone stay dry and warm.
Libby congrats on getting released from therapy. Glad that things went so well for you..Keep up the good work.Janet Alliesmama.
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

My mom has suddenly taken a turn for the worse. Yesterday she had a temp and today she needed oxygen. They did a chest xray.

Sure will Florida. I'm sure she will be okay. This just might be a physical reaction to being in a strange place.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Florida, so sorry to hear about your Mom. You are both in my prayers and just remember whatever happens is God's will. He will give you the strength to handle whatever he sends your way.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

littlemiss63 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:16 am

Florida, so sorry to hear about your Mom. You are both in my prayers and just remember whatever happens is God's will. He will give you the strength to handle whatever he sends your way.
LittleMiss, when I read your words last night they gave me strength. Yes, it is God’s will and he has protected my mom and I in scary situations many times and I respect his decision to take her home.