Question for Carleen

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Question for Carleen

Post by clemencia2us »

I think they will handle it well.

When my father died back in 1995, I was surprised at what the funeral home would do for the family, so felt very comfortable with them to handle mom's.

During my genealogical research I found a death certificate for a great uncle that died alone out in Arizona. I was happy to see that his family was able to bring his body home and bury him in their cemetery. This was in 1927. I'm sure they brought him back on the train. Lots of train activity back then.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Florida, Still thinking andpraying for you. I had my husbands body taken back to Mississippi to be buried and they actually drove his body there in the hearse. Of course we are only talking 262 Miles and they charged me by the mile. We had the funeral here on Monday and the graveside service there on Wednesday. The cost was very reasonable and I was more than pleased with everything that the funeral home had arranged for when we got there, they made all the arrangements working with a local funeral home I'm sure. Like setting up the tent and chairs and arranging for an Air Force Honor Guard. The price you quoted was around the same amount for my husband 4 years ago, so sounds very very reasonable in that they will be flying her body back to her final resting place. (((((Hugs))))))
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

littlemiss63 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:48 pm Florida, Still thinking andpraying for you. I had my husbands body taken back to Mississippi to be buried and they actually drove his body there in the hearse. Of course we are only talking 262 Miles and they charged me by the mile. We had the funeral here on Monday and the graveside service there on Wednesday. The cost was very reasonable and I was more than pleased with everything that the funeral home had arranged for when we got there, they made all the arrangements working with a local funeral home I'm sure. Like setting up the tent and chairs and arranging for an Air Force Honor Guard. The price you quoted was around the same amount for my husband 4 years ago, so sounds very very reasonable in that they will be flying her body back to her final resting place. (((((Hugs))))))
Thank you, LittleMiss. I’ll be turning to you for advice on how to get through things like Christmas and other “events.” My tendency will be to turn inward and do nothing but I remember you said after you lost your husband that you celebrated Christmas as usual because your DH loved it and that will give me strength to put up my tree and do something. I’ve decided to go to my friend’s daughter’s house for Thanksgiving even though my tendency would be to stay home alone.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

I am here for you and this will be so hard being close to the holidays, but I strongly encourage you to put up that tree and celebrate as you did with her. You have got some long dark days ahead of you, but put yourself right in the middle of God's hands and know that he's holding you. Read "Footprints in the Sand". That one poem carried me through some of my darkest days. Cry when you feel like it and grieve for her it's all part of the healing process.