What do you keep on your counter top?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: What do you keep on your counter top?

Post by jckitty »

I don't have a large kitchen, it's what I call a "one butt kitchen" The sink is in an island with a wine cabinet storage on the other side.
I have lamps wired into each end of it....yes they are on a GFCI switch....wiring.
The counter has a flat basket with coffee making stuff, and my coffee maker. That's all I have out. I haven't had a microwave in months....it died and I have yet to replace it. I keep all appliances put away because the look of clutter bothers me.
JCKitty
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

littlemiss63 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:56 pm I have as little as possible. I have a Smiley Pig Cookie Jar, my 4 slice toaster, a ceramic jar with Ivy painted on it that holds my spatulas beside the cooktop and a chrome towel holder to display my knitted towels and dishcloths. It has two rings so I can hide the towel and dishcloth that I'm currently using behind the unused ones.

I love the Pig but now that I don't have small grandchildren or a husband to feed cookie's to I am thinking of storing it away. It's has a lot of sentimental value to it for both my children and myself. I wouldn't want to get rid of it. Bought it for a $1.00 at a yard sale when we lived in Rapid City, SD and a lot of cookies have passed through that jar. If you want to see what it looks like here is one for sale on E-bay;
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Smiley-the-pig ... xyLN9Skl8m
WOW !!! an 1100.00 cookie jar, good find. :D

My mother had a blue Monk cookie jar, we all wanted it, :D , the memories !

we didn't know that it was broken and our mother had hidden the flaw. LOL I think that one of my nephews ended up with it.

IC
Last edited by icfrugal1 on Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

icfrugal1 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:50 pm
littlemiss63 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:56 pm I have as little as possible. I have a Smiley Pig Cookie Jar, my 4 slice toaster, a ceramic jar with Ivy painted on it that holds my spatulas beside the cooktop and a chrome towel holder to display my knitted towels and dishcloths. It has two rings so I can hide the towel and dishcloth that I'm currently using behind the unused ones.

I love the Pig but now that I don't have small grandchildren or a husband to feed cookie's to I am thinking of storing it away. It's has a lot of sentimental value to it for both my children and myself. I wouldn't want to get rid of it. Bought it for a $1.00 at a yard sale when we lived in Rapid City, SD and a lot of cookies have passed through that jar. If you want to see what it looks like here is one for sale on E-bay;
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Smiley-the-pig ... xyLN9Skl8m
WOW !!! an 1100.00 cookie jar, good find. :D

My mother had a blur Monk cookie jar, we all wanted it, :D , the memories !

we didn't know that it was broken and our mother had hidden the flaw. LOL I think that one of my nephews ended up with it.

IC
IC my kids saw this at the yard sale and both of them begged for it. It wasn't my style of decorating at all, but I gave in they begged so hard for it. Through the years it was the favorite go to place in the house and I had no idea it was worth anything until I moved to Tennessee and one of my friends was here for lunch one day and she went nuts when she saw it. Once she told me it was valuable I liked it a lot better. LOL I will never sell it and I wonder if each kid will keep it 6 months each for both of them still love it and I have been warned to never get rid of it.

As much as the lid was taken off through the years, it's a thousand wonders that the thing didn't get broken. There is a note that says it has gone for as high as $5,700 at auction. It's hard for me to believe and this one is in perfect condition too.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Lots, but I have a fair amount of counter space-and one kitchen counter has my couch flat to the back of it so I need big dog mitigation if you get my drift. A coffee maker and a keurig single (the gal needs instnt coffee and then a pot later. Sigh). The cannister with the sugar and coffee. Along the counter that needs to be protected, my kitchen aid sideways, blender, a glass top cake taker than I will put away after Christmas as soon as I can find something else to put there, and one of those double tier metal standing things that holds produce.

On the other side, spice things that sit at the back of the counter but on the counter, three pottery crocks for utensils and the large crock with the dog goodies. But again, I have a fairly large kitchen (and an arm that cannot lift anything highter than my shoulder_.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

My countertops are small. On one I keep my toaster, small food scale, microwave and cutting board. On the other my dish rack and drainboard, vase holding wooden spoon, ladle, etc., can opener and plastic bin with salt, pepper, sugar, coffee, etc. Actual countertop not covered, 1 sq ft on one, and a space 8" x 18".
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I have a small kitchen. On one side I have my toaster oven, microwave and a knife block with knives. On the other side just a ceramic dish that holds my keys. I have a pottery crock with utensils on a cart off to the side.

I do have room for some decorative items on top of the back of the stove. There I have a cute salt and pepper set (rotates with the season), small blue-and-white pitcher, depression glass measuring cup (blue glass) and two small white pitchers.