Daily Check in Dec 4, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

Re: Daily Check in Dec 4, 2017

Post by icfrugal1 »

The internet is going on and off, ATT is here looking at the problem.

I was hoping to get to the post office to mail some bread and cookies this morning, I guess that I will have to go this afternoon.

BB walked breakfast had.

Chem put into the pool.

IC
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Had a good breakfast meeting.

Only problem is that I am having tummy issues. I do have to watch what I eat because of my hiatal hernia, but it appears to be getting worse - guess that goes with getting older. Going to have to track what I eat and how I react. Ugh - to be young again.

Came home and forced myself to do some chores. Cleaned out the fridge. Going to have to keep a better eye on what I buy. We really waste a lot. But the wildlife eats it, but still. I should be like my cousin. She says she has not cooked since 2010! Neither has my older sister. They go out to eat all the time or get takeout. The cousin's husband is a cook, so that helps. And my sister's husband is on a special diet, so does his own cooking. What a life!

Seems very relaxing though. My sister at 71 has always lived in an apartment and not that they can't afford a house - just prefer to live the "easy" life. I can see myself joining them in a few years. So much work around here. Of course a lot of that is because of the pets.

So housework and yard work is done, now to relax and wait for the cold front to get here. We are going to hit 90 degrees and then plunge to high 30s. Hope we don't freeze yet.

Have a great day.
snowangel729

Post by snowangel729 »

Hi All!

I just got in from work, gonna pick up the house a bit, making my ds some dinner and DH and I are gonna eat leftovers. I already wrapped all the christmas presents we bought with a few exceptions, not really much frugal going on to be honest. Hoping to get back on the frugal train soon, I did get two checks for refunds that are going into our account this week. so yay!

Have a good day!
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

Good Evening Friends,

Had a good day at work - busy - and while I never day say I am "caught up" - because there is always a lot of work to do - I am no longer completely buried and overwhelmed.

Home and took the dogs on very short walks and then ex brought the little guy over - he is staying with me until I take him to catch the school bus on Wednesday morning as the Village Idiot is traveling for work. We had homemade pizza for supper - tomorrow night will be breakfast for dinner - pancakes and scrambled eggs are one of his favorite suppers.

I am getting ready to call it a night. Little guy went to bed early - ex told me he was tired and he asked to go to bed - I will never say no to a child asking to go to sleep, lol. Poor kid goes to a special school about 40 miles away and his bus leaves at 7:00 a.m. - makes a very long day for him.

Over and out friends - have a good one.
RedRobin

Post by RedRobin »

Good evening.

Having to buy gas is not very frugal and I picked the easiest, not the cheapest station today, so 2.49 per gallon, $36. I used to buy gas, at the cheapest station which I luckily passed on my way to work, a 10-15 minute trip door to desk. Now it's 45 minutes to an hour on the road and I have to go out of my way to get gas at NOT the cheapest station. I used to buy gas every 3 to 4 weeks, now it's once a week.

On the frugal front, I ate for free at work and brought food home. DH and I had free sandwiches for dinner and he will eat the free pasta salad tomorrow.

Redrobin
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

mbrudnic wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:07 am Good Morning,
Busy day yesterday between Church, laundry at Mom and Dad's and my support group Christmas party. Then I had to call DS2 last night, "I told you I was going to Dad's" Um no, you did not. So the 2 week thing was a one-time deal. Sigh!

Speaking of the EX, he has not done anything to get my name off the mortgage and house. The decree gave him 60 days. That is this week. Tomorrow would have been our 25th anniversary. So I am discombobulated.

DS2 has his Christmas concert with the University ensemble tonight.
Mom and I made our reservations to visit the Biltmore next week. I am looking forward to it.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Maggie, I hope you and your Mom have the best time at Biltmore. I have heard that it is just spectacular at Christmas.