What Happened To Frugal Queen?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
frugalmom

Re: What Happened To Frugal Queen?

Post by frugalmom »

I was wondering too, I thought maybe it was something wrong on my end-like cookies or something again!? Well,just hope she is okay and wishing her the best. Maybe she is being ultra frugal and getting rid of the internet-if it was not for my kid needing it for homework, I would too, so I could cut my bills down further! I was just telling my dh the other day n the "olden days"-which is not that long ago-lol-we did not have to worry about bills on internet,cable and cell phone bills so it was much cheaper! Now we can't do without it-or at least so we think!
rinty

Post by rinty »

BevMoore wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:36 pm I have been trying to access Frugal Queen and her blog is no longer there. I know this is the time of year they go and do renovation on their other home and I have enjoyed watching the transformation. Is she posting somewhere else and if so how do I find it?

Thanks

Bev
Like Jackie said other UK blogs have said she has closed everything down. Ilona from Life after Money was talking about her , she'd actually met her. there was a thread on Money Saving expert about her being " gone" and had lots of negative comments form people she had been rude to in her comments ( she did tend to blast anyone who had the temerity to express any other opinion ) and if you ever read her Instagram, she had a filthy mouth.

I reckon there are two reasons for taking down the blog............either she has a book deal OR she didn't like ebing called out on stuff,

I think I first mentioned her blog years ago when it was good, I haven't bothered with it for a long time, I got sick of the rants about Christmas and things.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I no longer have read her for awhile (I have absolutely no paitience for my way is the only way type of blogs which is why I also turnn away from Mr Money mustache),

But I have heard that she has been mentioned elsewhere. I suspect she got offended, but I had not thought about a book deal. Most book deals want you to keep the blog so that you can advertise it through social media, which is wy I had not thoght of that,
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

She is on Twitter, but her account information says she now only retweets.

https://twitter.com/batt_jane
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

When we first started this thread she had disappeared from all social media. I did check Twitter and her account had disappeared.

What on earth is the use of retweeting???
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Jackie generally retweeeting is simply to share good info with others. I am not on Twitter as such but two of the frugal retirement bloggers I follow are always retweeeting . Its just like me sharing a good link on FB or elsewhere