Daily Check In December 12, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Re: Daily Check In December 12, 2017

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Christmas is only 13 days away!!! It just hit me!! I don't know why I thought that I had more time. ;)

Today, I've not been called to sub anywhere so I'm going to be cutting out skirts, tops & pjs all day, then starting to sew them as much as I can. These are for both my children and for a family in my church congregation. I also want to make a pair of long fleecy pants for me, as my sleep pants are getting holey.

There is a 4-hour sub job for Thursday at my children's Elementary that I'm debating over. I DON'T WANT to Sub at Elementary but perhaps this would be a good one to try out.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:45 am Christmas is only 13 days away!!! It just hit me!! I don't know why I thought that I had more time. ;)

Today, I've not been called to sub anywhere so I'm going to be cutting out skirts, tops & pjs all day, then starting to sew them as much as I can. These are for both my children and for a family in my church congregation. I also want to make a pair of long fleecy pants for me, as my sleep pants are getting holey.

There is a 4-hour sub job for Thursday at my children's Elementary that I'm debating over. I DON'T WANT to Sub at Elementary but perhaps this would be a good one to try out.
To me elementary is easy - half day? Even better. Half day would help make up your mind faster. If you don't like it - at least you don't have to be there all day.

Really admire you for all you do. I think I was called this morning from the school, but I shut off the phone. I need to add the number to my contacts. But I really hadn't planned on subbing. All the jobs are for full days. Since I don't feel like I get enough sleep, I just am not ready for that. I am working on it though.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Another nice sunny day. Slept better too. If it weren't for me and the dogs having to go potty - I would still be sleeping.

Oh but I did get two phone calls. First the COD called giving me more instructions on his pant alterations. I was going to take them to my cousin. She already did some for him but as usual, he wasn't satisfied so doing it again. The COD is weird like that.

But after giving me instructions last night, he called early and gave more. His instructions face to face are one thing - over the phone while I am half asleep - no go. So he will take them himself. I felt bad but what can you do?

Then I think the school called for a sub, but I didn't recognize the number so declined the call. Now I feel bad about that also. Gee - all full of guilt today.

I really need to do more subbing There is one that keeps coming up but don't know what it entails. They system is bad about that. At least I wasn't wrong about being really aggravated about my last sub assignment. My friend that subs also had the same experience. The high school seems very lackadaisical. Maybe too much military left in me? I plan on going to the school to check on this one assignment and see what it is all about.

Hope all have a great day.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Gayle, I also admire all that you do. You are amazing.

Clem, I admire that you are doing the subbing, too. Something different that would give me anxiety so I give you credit.

I just finished coloring my hair. I’m always glad that is done. I’m going for a haircut tomorrow morning.

Tonight I’m having dinner with three friends. We’ve added one friend to our dinner group. She is still working at our old company and will retire at the end of next year and we are helping her make the transition! My one friend will pick me up. Less and less I like to drive at night.

I was going to put out the recycling (mostly paper) at mom’s house today but I would not get a chance to pick up the bin later today and I don’t want it sitting out all night. So I’ll put it out next week.

Yesterday I called mom’s cable and was hoping to cancel the TV and phone and keep the internet to use while I am there. Of course they gave me the runaround and it will take seven days to transfer the account to my name. It is their loss, though, because now I’ve decided to cancel the Internet, too. It would be $69.99 just for Internet, too expensive for my limited visits at mom’s house.

It will be interesting to watch Alabama tonight. One of my dinner friends grew up in Alabama and is very sensitive about the topic so we’ll avoid it at dinner. She is an economic conservative and social liberal so is disgusted by Roy Moore and would probably write in another GOP if she still lived there.

Have a good day.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ....
Sunny but we're back in the freezer with temps.

Yesterday was an aggravating day in terms of technology. Had problems with our primary email so had to tinker with that. Then, DH is printing out some Christmas stuff, so went to Costco to get ink cartridges filled Well, when we needed them, they wouldn't work, (tried all the tricks I know) so they have to go back.
On the good side, we visited the new Ikea store here ... had a nice coupon, so we were able to replace some household items for almost free.

Today, DH is off to the dentist. Need to take care of the cartridge issue, then buy more stamps so I can get the cards out. Still have to decorate the tree, too. We also have plans to go to a Christmas concert at a local church ... sort of an annual thing with us. We were planning a quiet holiday, but darn, things are still piling up!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I tried to take an afternoon subbing job, but by the time I got home to log in, it was gone.

I'm gong to have to be more proactive

I did go to the store and got some ribs. Those are in the crockpot.

I was going to do something else this afternoon so that was why no subbing, but that feel through and I decided to sub, but that fell through too. Wah.

So I am going to line up my sweaters in the closet.