Daily Check In December 13, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
colonialgirl

Re: Daily Check In December 13, 2017

Post by colonialgirl »

Hi all,
Not too much to check in with so far. I had a bad night last night - woke up at 4:00 am with joint pain and took medication to no avail. Up and down trying to rest all morning.

Need to get up and going and get a tree up today. Finally got the chicken out and will finally make the chicken noodle soup I have been putting off. Hubs had dental and doctor appointments today so his day was shot as well.

I think FCL is right -not so sure the tide has turned - but maybe it is the beginning of the end. I sure hope so. But at least Moore has been rejected and that is no small deal. I would love one whole week where I didn't have to worry about politics and government. It would be such a relief - but of course that is not going to happen.

Have a great day frugal friends.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Hi Everyone,

Getting ready for my trip in the morning, car is almost loaded and I want to get out of here by 6 AM as it's about a 5 1/2 hour drive to where I am going. I know this will be my last check in until I return on the 18th.

It has turned off so cold here, just checked the temp and it's 32º at 4:23 in the afternoon. We didn't get the snow they predicted this past week-end, but the colder temps have hung around.

I need to keep at the packing so I can load the suitcase tonight so I'm going to get off here and do that. Everyone stay warm and pray for safe travels for me. I enjoyed driving to the Dr. so much yesterday and it's the first time I've gone any distance since breaking the arm alone. DD had to much on her plate to take me. I think it gave me back my confidence that I am ok again to drive a long distance.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hi folks,

I've been cutting out more fabric and some patterns today again, but I think I'm finished. Well I need to cut out sleeves for my girls' nighties but that's all unless I decided later to make my girls red flannel pj pants too.

Tonight I'll be delivering dinner to a lady from church who had heart surgery again. Its her family that I'm sewing for.

I'm not sure what to make for dinner tonight. Maybe my go-to of quinoa, mixed veg and a cooked chunk of meat.

Hubby wants me to make a potato casserole for his at-work company Christmas party tomorrow.

We're also adding to our family. We're adopting, if all gors well, a 4 month old Weimaraner puppy. It will certainly be interesting around here. 😉 Hopefully the girls wont squeal at him and the boys will help like they say they will.

Am off to haul my piles of fabric to basement sewing room, then off to start the Wednesday afternoon chase. Ds9 to scouts, ds13 to a wood-splitting project then back home for dinner, ds15 to get home from wrestling, ds9 home from scouts, then finally ds13 & ds15 off to young men's weekly activity. WHEW!!!
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

Good Evening Friends,

Busy day at work but the day included free donuts and bananas. :-) It is SO COLD here in NY - some snow on the ground but not a lot.

I am fortunate to be able to heat only whatever room I am IN at my house. So when I got up this morning and left my warm bedroom and walked into the cold kitchen - YIKES! Luckily it didn't take long to warm it up.

I feel bad for my little "rescue kittens" - I only run the heat in the room they're in for about a half hour in the morning and a half hour before going to bed. I just can't afford to heat a whole room for cats - and they can't come out still because of Hope. They have a pile of towels in there that they lay on and I put a hot water bottle in amongst them morning and evening - and they have each other - so hoping for the best. They will move OUTSIDE come spring - if I haven't found a home for them before then.

I feel tired. This time of year tends to drain me a bit - not that it's bad - it isn't - I love the holidays and I love my job and I love my home and pets - but between all of it I feel a bit worn out.

I am off - back out into the cold with the dogs - and then they will both go out once more before I go to bed. UGH.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

2 cat, why not put a heating pad in the room for the kittens? They can all pile on it to stay warn during the cold night. I also stuffed pillow cases with shredded paper to make soft insulated pillows. Just curious why you do what you do.