Daily Check in Dec 16, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Dec 16, 2017

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning folks,

I have just a few people left to get a Christmas gift for. One item was not available, the store owner is going to call me. I need to pick up something small for DS2's GF. She is a sweet girl.

I have a few things to sew. I am going to make a table runner. I will wash the fabric first and then use Mom's ironing board to iron them. I actually miss an ironing board when I sew.

This evening I will go to dinner with my support group friends.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in Dec 16, 2017

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

My keyboard is choppy this morning, hasn't been like that for a very long time.

Still very nice out so walking in the morning is just lovely. I will enjoy it while I can, soon enough I will have to find another form of exercise for those days that it is not safe to venture out for any length of time because of the cold.

I am now finished baking. While I did not get everything done that I wanted Hubby kept saying "You are done. Who is going to eat all of this?". I guess he has a point and if I want anymore, well there is always after Christmas when I know I will want something to snack on with my tea.

Today I hit the sewing room. I have two more tops to sew, and then I will take a closer look at the one causing me problems. I think I can solve this if I just use logic to do so. Those stupid sleeves have to fit, I just have to figure it out.....

I may make a trip to the library today as I have the urge to hold a real, page turning book in my hands. While I love my ereader, I really miss a real book every so often. Thank heavens for libraries.

My daily exercise will be my morning walk. It is nice enough to go for a longer one today. I know many would think that 32 F is cold, but that is above normal up here for this part of the year.

After getting the sewing completed the rest of my day will be spent knitting, tidying the house (get the room cleaned up where youngest DS sleeps), clean the stove and oven, and then perhaps watch a few CSI Miami episodes.... Almost done the entire series.

I will as usual be making all my meals here at home. In fact this morning I need to throw all the stew makings into the slow cooker and get that going before my walk. I hope to make enough that we can enjoy another meal early next week.

As you all can see it should be a frugal no spend day today.

Today I am grateful to be done a week before Christmas. Now I do not have to face the crowds or feel rushed any longer.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

It is a damp morning here in south texas. Not really cold. It is sprinkling but not too bad. A day you would want to spend in bed, but alas, I have to take my dog to the groomer. He really needs it.

Im wearing sweat pant type clothing! No jacket required.

Have a great day all.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. It is 32 F with a windchill of 21..However suppose to go up to 62.. woo hoo. That will allow me to get a few things done outside that I have not been able to do. I am hoping in 2018 to get myself in to a more scheduled routine for doing things around the house. My aide that I had for 5 years did things on her own schedule and time. She did a fantastic job! Rarely did I have to mention to her that something needed to be done. My new aide does nothing unless I tell her to..thus the need for the list.

Still bringing things up from my basement in my car. Boy do I have a lot of Christmas stuff! I know when I lived in town I use to decorate every room.. Would like to get myself organized enough to do that more and more here.

Except for doing some things outside due to the nice weather have not much planned for today. Have a good and frugal day. Janet Alliesmama ..
Janet Alliesmama
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

The person who helps me with my shopping is not feeling well. So we are trying for Tomorrow morning. Today it is supposed to rain. Tomorrow is supposed to be nice.

I do have an Rx to pick up I think I have until Tuesday to pick it up, the pharmacy opens at 10 am on Sunday. If needed I can have it delivered on Monday. There is a $5 charge for the delivery on one Rx it is free for 2 or more. My cost to go to H-E-B and back is $2 each way. The Rx is too bulky to pick up at the Drive thru.

Not much else is new.

Penny
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

It is warm here. I actually had to turn on my a/c yesterday and it is still on.

I woke up with a headache but it is better. Today I WILL take a nap.

I’m happy on the weekends that I don’t have to deal with the ongoing paperwork. I did get the bill denied by insurance taken care of yesterday. It was only $30 (thankfully) so not worth resubmitting and I paid it. The hardest part was finding the radiologists billing office phone number. I called insurance to see if there were any other denied charges and they said no but I don’t have confidence in the insurance customer service people.

Today I’m going to try to straighten up my second bedroom and make room for the stuff I’ve dragged home from mom’s house. It isn’t too bad but I want a better place to store the photos until I can go through them.

I have only taken one piece of furniture to my house, a footstool. I learned to walk with that stool. I want to put a small bookcase (also from my childhood) in my entry hall. I think it will work there but I have to do something with the books. Anyone need a set of World Book encyclopedia - ha ha? I know no one wants them but I find it difficult putting them in the trash.

Anyway, I’m hoping to have a relaxing day.

Enjoy your day.