Daily Check In December 20, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In December 20, 2017

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning, just starting us off as I desperately need a cup of coffee. Back in a few minutes.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check In December 20, 2017

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

Logged into work early. I have a dental appointment that I need to leave for when I am done posting. Then my Aunt is retiring after more than 40 years of Civil service. He party starts at 4. If I leave about 3:30, I should be there by 4:30.

So 2 meals form home, Dinner at the party.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Up way to early after a restless night. I know that by this afternoon, my body will be dragging something terrible.

The snow finally started just a little while ago. It is coming down lightly so unless the storm gets much worse, this is not going to amount to much at all. So much for the storm starting this morning.

Today I plan on doing some extra cleaning, and figuring out what to make to take to the family gathering. I know I will be taking some baking, but need to figure out something else as well.

Instead of making a casserole for supper last night I just warmed up the leftover ham, warmed up the leftover rice, and cooked some peas and carrots. While not in the least imaginative it was filling, plus I got rid of leftovers taking up space in the fridge. Just one little problem. I now have no leftovers for supper tonight. I will figure something out....perhaps the freezer will yield some inspiration.

Hubby and I went for a drive last night to look at the Christmas lights. We haven't done that in ages. There are a few groups and businesses in the city that have set up light displays down in the regional park, so that is where we went. Some were beautifully done and others not so much so, still we were thankful for the effort they put in. Hubby was a bit disappointed that more of the oil companies and related businesses did not take advantage of what could be considered free advertizing.

I don't know if I will go out for my walk this morning. It is very cold out (temperatures did drop dramatically) and I am a bit achy. I think I will do some yoga stretches and a bit of easy zumba and call it done for the day.

The other frugal happenings will be as usual. I hope to finish off this skein of green yarn today, and perhaps get started on the last one. It is really great to be working through the stash instead of adding to it without getting anything really used up.

Today I am grateful that I am inside and not outside traveling in what could end up being quite the storm.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. It is chilly around 30 but going up in to the 50's.Unusual for this time of year. Suppose to get colder and maybe even some light snow showers tomorrow.

Doggie nephew is much better and now eating and not throwing up. Last night he was able to swallow his oral antibiotic hidden in a bite of cream cheese. I slept on the couch in the great room.. Somewhat restless and I can watch TV while I fall asleep. I am a large woman and I was surprised to find doggie nephew wedged in between me and the back of the couch. I always sleep on my right side. He usually sleeps at my feet on the couch.. I guess he got cold even though I had covered him with a fleece blanket when we went to bed. Anyway he seems to be on the mend this morning.His Nana called me from Texas last night..At the time she had not received my e-mail that he was sick. She had a busy day at work and had not checked her e-mails. She offered to pay a portion of the Dr bill.. he is not really her dog but belongs to her DD who is in the navy. She recently had a car accident and I told her I would foot the bill since he became sick on my watch and she has a large deductible for her car accident repair.Plus last week she had flown to Chicago to her DD's graduation from basic training in the Navy.

Have been working on my Christmas Eve menu and trying to match up what I need using the grocery store Ads that came yesterday. Tomorrow my aide and I will hit the grocery stores.. I am fortunate that where I live all of the stores are on the same road sometimes right across the road from each other or only a 1/4 mile down the road.. I split the list of what I need with things for each of us then we are in and out quicker. There are times she goes by herself but tomorrow I want to make some decisions regarding the ham and cheeses for Christmas Eve.

Colonial Girl... Lynn not sure if you have been down here over the years to the Alton Mall but it looks so sad.. Famous Barr closed years ago and then Macy's went in.. Macy's has pulled out and they are ripping the whole end of the building out.. When you drive by it looks like something from a war zone. Sad and scary to see what happens over time when a business fails. Janet Alliesmama

Have a good and frugal day everyone. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good Wednesday morning all,

Another perfect Florida day. Outside between 60-80F and inside 73F-76F. No heat, no ac required. Frugal energy days. Today, hubs has a morning doctor's appointment, hopefully his last one for his eye pressure issue. We will be up in town, so am opportunity to shop. I don't need anything, but I am always looking for potential shrubs for the fence line in the garden clearance area. I have a long fence line to cover, some shade, some sun. I haven't put them on the fence line yet because it is so dry right now and the worst of the winter weather is yet to come. Once it passes I will plant them.

Yesterday we went through the dieting calculations to determine Base metabolic rate and exercise impact. As we approach hub's weight goal, I need to know how much more we can eat. We will be able to increase our meals by 500 calories to a total of 1500/day. Wow, that will be exciting. We also did mine and it said I needed to eat more than I am currently because of my activity level. That is a delightful thing to find out. :D Food, glorious food.

I have been investigating oscillating tools, also called multi tools. I think I want one. Now to decide on battery powered or corded and how powerful. I dropped by both Home Depot and Lowes and looked and of course, the sales people said it was a great time to buy. Always is. ;) I have been looking at U-tubes about the tool as well and I think it will be what I want for several projects. The projects are on my 2018 list. I have my list started. It is more than I am likely to really do, but that is normal for me.

Today is hubs doctor appointment in the morning and just normal daily tasks in the afternoon. I am pleased that the solar battery charger worked so well and I am thinking of more solar items. Solar is good.

The Federal tax bill is almost law. And it will really help us manage money. Exciting times.

Well off to eat, dress and get hubs to his doctor appointment.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Here’s a story that touched me this morning.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/homeless ... smsnnews11

More later when I return from the British Food Store (why does my iPad capitalize generic words?).