Daily Check in Dec 23, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Dec 23, 2017

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,
Need to pour myself a cup of coffee.

mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check in Dec 23, 2017

Post by mbrudnic »

So Good Morning again,

Last night I went to dinner with my support group friends. We had a new waitress. She was not good about checking in with us. But I was really frustrated with paying my bill. It was $18 and change. So I put a $20 bill and a $5 bill. She brought it back with the $5 and two $1. Welp, she lost out on a nice tip. Sheesh!

So it will be a busy morning later. I was just looking at the Ham I got for lunch. Lunch at DS1's and gift exchange. My gifts are packed up. But DS2 and I have Eye doc appointments at 9:30 & 10:00 AM. So I am thinking I will swing by DS1's first, drop off the ham in my crockpot so It can cook.

Have a great day,
Maggie

rinty

Daily Check In Dec 23rd

Post by rinty »

Ooooh, gettin' excited now !

Morning began with a run to the mall with younger DD to try and get the gift I wanted to buy her weeks ago. Then , she changed her mind. If she was still 5 I would be gutted to find it GONE, as she is in her late 20s its a " sucks to be you " moment and she it getting cash to spend in the sales...........we had a nice time though , beat the crowds.

I did her laundry and ironing as she had over-extended herself. Took it back last night. Shes now skipped off home to make sugar cookies and snickdoodles. Eldest DD has text to say she is making Christmas cupcakes and oreo truffles. DH is making bread.

So I am redundant in the cooking stakes :shock:

Rejected ;)

Never mind, we are enjoying the fact that we did the turkey on the 17th as the shops are RAMMED. My DSIL is trying to collect her order at M&S, a Not Cheap at All supermarket, she got a timeslot but so did 50 other people. Merry Christmas DSIL !!!

I quite honestly want to join in so once I've cleaned and tidied I am off to M&S ( walking , I not crazy ) to see what os going on and maybe purchase some uneccessary food. As I don't NEED it, it will be for the craic ( for a laugh ) rather than stress.

Dinner is lentil and bacon soup as we have another small gammon boiling away ( ham ) to take to eldest DDs.

Tomorrow carol concert at church, people over all day from then really, playing scrabble, nibbles then a roast chicken dinner with all the trad sides( as all of us inc guests are eating a non traditional dinner on Christmas day, we are having lamb. Trifle for pudding, table set out as though for Christmas with Christmas crackers, the lot. It will be nice. Then ideally packing the car for Christmas day from the Gift Cave so we don't struggle and forget things on The Day.

Off to festively clean bathrooms ; )

rinty

Post by rinty »

Dadgummit, double posted ! Merry Christmas Maggie ! Jackie can you move my post, please ?

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

rinty wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:12 am
Dadgummit, double posted ! Merry Christmas Maggie ! Jackie can you move my post, please ?
Will do.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Youngest DS made it home even earlier than I thought. It seems that he took the afternoon off and he told me that he would be staying with us up until the 27th or 28th before heading home to get a few things cleaned up around his apartment.

So yesterday evening he fixed my android box, played with the cat and teased me. Today we will go shopping for my phone, and he needs to buy a "mans" gift for the family get together on Christmas Eve.

The rest of the day will be spent as usual doing the household chores, and perhaps a few last minute items for the run up to Christmas.

Oldest DS should be home at a reasonable hour tomorrow and things will be just the way I like them. Full house, lots of noise, and having to cook for three hungry men. The cleaning up I could do without.

The temperature has risen once again. It is still below freezing, but at least it is no longer double digit freezing. So a walk will be in order this morning. Trudging through snow will help burn off some of those calories I have consumed.

I should be able to finish the baby blanket today and pull out the yarn to make the twins their mitts. Casting those on as soon as the blanket is done. I am pretty happy over how I am managing to use yarn stash up. I just need to work on the fabric stash a bit harder.

Supper this evening will be stuffed chicken, mashed potatoes, and pea/carrots.

Today I am grateful for the uptick in the temperatures. I do so enjoy having a walk each morning.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.