Daily Check in Jan 8, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
frugalmom

Re: Daily Check in Jan 8, 2018

Post by frugalmom »

Happy New Years everbody and wishing you many blessings! I do not see the post about someone asking for marriage help-must be ColonialGirl was right and it was a troll-like get a life and live it! Never understand it!

Oh been busy bc most of my kids have been home the past few weeks from college and it was so nice we were together! It is now so quiet as they are back to school. Good news-Preston got ranked as a top 20 bb player in Northern California for his age group! Finally getting noticed and his name out there! He is on You tube too. He is working hard-7 days a week bb play whether at practice or at the gym,at school(on team there too),has XC(that just finished) and doing track in April. He lifts weights and does treadmill too and runs up and down the stairs-he is too skinny though bc he burns all the calories off! He is disciplined in that and his coach says in all of his years of coaching,mentoring,teaching,etc he never has seen a boy work so hard and dedicated. He does it all on his own too-I tell him to give it a rest plus I am a chauffeur basically and I do NOT want to go sometimes! Since dh and son are so dedicated and they bug me I am moving my butt too so now exercising everyday now(even if it is only 30 minutes my dh says as long as you move and do it consistently-yeah,I know..I know...now I have two people on my case-sheesh!). So I have been doing an hour most days,do feel better after I have to admit.

Like before my dds left for school again, we took them out for a good burger(I don't eat like fast food burgers-yuck-but this is a good burger place-I think they even have bison and ostrich-wonder how that one tastes-chicken?) and I cannot ever finish my burger-half way I was done but I felt sick like so full-so we had to go for a walk before I felt a bit more normal again like it digested-still my tummy was popped out like that burger was still there-very uncomfortable feeling! So no burgers for a long while-that was our eating out for the month-rest will be simple meals at home. Using up what we have-I have like a month of meals at home after the holidays!

Did find Preston a winter warm jacket for 13.00(orig around 70.00) and I wanted to find one for myself but no more. Macys and Old Navys have good deals on jackets clearancing them out-around 13.00 or so. I think I saw one for 8.00 even.Well ttyl! Many blessings to all of you for the 2018 year and always!
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Creative,

Prayers, good thoughts, and hugs coming your way for you and your family.

IC
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good afternoon,

raining here, but the rain is needed.

DH's BS readings are back to "normal", so it does look like the insulin was bad.

IC
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

LWolfT wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:12 pm Update:
DH just called ... tooth can't be saved, so he was on his way to the oral surgeon to get it pulled. I'm amazed he was able to get in so quickly ... they must have weather cancellations, too.
I suspect he'll need a prescription or two filled, so I'm digging out those pharmacy discount cards I've collected.

Mackie, you talked about having no health insurance ... that happened to me. Went to one of the urgent clinics, and they couldn't verify my coverage. They were very nice about it, said they'd just bill the insurance anyway and go from there. Did a little investigating on our end and found out the insurance company hadn't listed me as a dependent when the insurance renewed ... even though the family rate was being withheld from DH's paycheck! They fixed it in a hurry ....
I truly do not have insurance. DH's employer covered me only until the end of the year and then my new employer was supposed to provide it. I talked to the director today, and she completely forgot to turn in my paperwork. She can expedite it, so I won't be without it long.

Your poor DH and his tooth! I had to fill a prescription yesterday thst was $225 but a Good Rx card brought it down to $116.
Mackie
frugalaaron

Post by frugalaaron »

Jackielou wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:08 am
frugalaaron wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:56 am Slick roads and lots of wrecks being reported this morning, due to rain/ice mix. No school for the kiddos.
So they get at least an extra day for Christmas vacation. I bet they are happy.

They actually went back last Thursday, but were happy indeed to have a long weekend.
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

Good Evening,

Penny, so sorry you are ill - hope you feel better soon. LT, sorry to hear about your hubby's tooth - hope he will not be in pain for long. MSCreative, thinking of you and your family with your dad's surgery going on.

I am over the moon thrilled that it is so much warmer!!! When you go outside and it's 22 degrees and you say "Wow, it's so WARM!" - you know it has been cold. I walked over to the electric company on my lunch break today to pay my bill and walked both dogs after work -- their first real walks in soooooooo very many days - poor girls! They were just thrilled to be back out walking.

I slept like a rock last night so don't know why I am feeling tired. Wanted a FAST meal after walking the dogs so supper was pancakes with butter and syrup and an apple diced up over the top. Now I am bundled up in warm pajamas in front of the electric fireplace.

Work was good today - busy. I swear it was so hectic! I got distracted at about 8:30 a.m. and spent the rest of the day fighting my way back from that. Oh well. Okay, goodnight friends. Take care and everyone feel better.