Daily Check in Jan 12, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
2dogs+someCats

Re: Daily Check in Jan 12, 2018

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

Good Evening. I had big plans for what I was going to accomplish around the house tonight and it isn't happening. I did a mystery shop immediately after work and that took about an hour then another hour to submit the report and photos.

The shop was at a store right around the corner from me and in addition to paying $13.50, they reimburse up to $7.50 for a (required) purchase. I went armed with sales flyer and both store and manufacturers coupons. Spent $45.22 and paid just $19.76 - plus $7.50 of that will be reimbursed. I am okay with that!

I got a dozen eggs, 2 (3.5 lb) bags of cat food, 1 (3.5 lb) bag of dog food, 2 jars of pasta sauce (usually don't purchase this prepared but paid .50 cents per jar).

My store had a deal where they will double up to four $1 off coupons and make them worth $2 off - I was all over that!

I also bought 2 (6 bottles each) packs of Boost nutritional drink (another item I would not normally buy but was on sale for $7.99 each (regular $10.49) and I had a coupon for $7.00 off two - plus I have a $2.00 mail in rebate). My final cost, if I'm figuring it right, is $3.50 per 6-pack - .58 cents per drink. A nice and frugal treat!

Anyway, now I'm too tired to do much else but look at some emails and go to bed. Three day weekend - yayyyy! Take care friends.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

So sorry for your loss.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Mrscreative wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:25 pm Good evening everyone,

Sorry but I don't have the time to read all the previous postings. I want to thank everyone for their good thoughts, concern and prayers - it means the world to me. I am very sad to report that my father passed away peacefully on Jan. 10, 2018 after a very brave fight, surrounded by family who live nearby. I will be flying to Toronto tomorrow morning and the funeral will be held on Monday. The funeral was delayed a little bit to allow a relative from the Philippines to have enough time to be able to attend. I feel at peace and know he has gone on to a better place. Still losing one's parent , no matter how old you are, is never easy.

Creative
So sorry to hear this Creative. Praying for you and your family.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

clemencia2us wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:26 pm
Mrscreative wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:25 pm Good evening everyone,

Sorry but I don't have the time to read all the previous postings. I want to thank everyone for their good thoughts, concern and prayers - it means the world to me. I am very sad to report that my father passed away peacefully on Jan. 10, 2018 after a very brave fight, surrounded by family who live nearby. I will be flying to Toronto tomorrow morning and the funeral will be held on Monday. The funeral was delayed a little bit to allow a relative from the Philippines to have enough time to be able to attend. I feel at peace and know he has gone on to a better place. Still losing one's parent , no matter how old you are, is never easy.

Creative

Creative, so sorry to hear about your Dad. You and your family are in my prayers.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Hi Everyone,

Just realized that my post got eaten this morning somehow. Not going to cover everything I did this morning, except I woke up to a winter wonderland. Snow and ice everywhere. It was a beautiful day as I didn't stick my head out the door, sat in my den and watched the big snowflakes falling while I worked on my last dishcloth for my sis's DIL. With temps in the teens tonight I have doubt that the roads will be much better tomorrow.

I did bake 3 irish potatoes in my Ninja and the one I ate was wonderful. I can tell already that I'm going to love using this appliance. I don't like a lot of stuff on my countertop, but this one has found a permanent home in a corner.

Everyone stay warm and safe.

Maggie, so proud of your son and of you for how you support him.
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Creative, I am so sorry for your loss.
Patty