Daily Check in Jan 17, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in Jan 17, 2018

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Well it seems as if we are getting a bit of movement on the venting to the back. Tomorrow morning at 8 am they are coming to measure and mark the area that needs to be cut out of the wall. Then the concrete guys will be coming to cut said hole. Hopefully that means the duct work and vents will be run within the next week or two. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

I finished the grey socks and have started on the next pair. I am hoping to have around 7 pairs done by the end of the month as well as a couple of sewing projects. I just have to knuckle down and get things done.

Off to read more of the forum and then have a cup of tea followed by a lovely hot bath (I seem to have developed the chills).
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

BeckyO wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:54 pm Lost my post
Little Becky called. She was knocked off the surgery schedule today by an emergency. She will have over 5 hours of surgery tomorrow starting about 2 pm. She/they had a good time in New Orleans this weekend. She was in good spirits. I had sent her a Kindle Fire and she was happy with it.

Thank you, again, rveryone for your support. It helps. I told her about it, today. She said "thank", too.

22 F and dropping. Our water froze : ( The dining room will be closed at least another 24 hrs. Meals will be delivered. My dinner awaits. I wouldn't mind going out but the car has something (?water pump) frozen and the streets and highways are covered in black ice. I'm lucky to be warm with all my electric "toys" ie TV with cable, ereader and computer with wifi and cell with service and wifi and then meals delivered 3 times a day, but
I sure would like it to warm up... never satisfied, LOL
My joints know it is cold outside.
Have a good evening'
BeckyO
Praying for your DD.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

We got around 8 inches of snow last night I had a great day skiing with my DH,son, and two granddaughters.
Yep....I am TIRED!
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

The horrid, frigid temperatures are back and about another 4 inches of snow right before it. I don't mind the snow, it is lovely actually, but I feel as though I haven't been warm in forever. it is cold at home, cold at work.

It was a good day - busy. Up at 4:30 to de-ice the car (I've been walking everywhere) and shovel it out. Got back inside at 5:05 to discover little guy was awake - lovely. I sent him to use the restroom and tucked him back in with an alarm set for 6:10 and orders not to get back up until it went off. He complied.

I enjoyed plenty of hot coffee this morning and homemade bread, toasted. Had little guy to the bus stop at 7:00 - had to drive for that and had to back out of my driveway onto the busy street, which I don't do - but we managed. Back home and got ready for work and walked to work - brrrrrrrr...

Got another free banana at work today plus a free bag of Combos snacks (a co-worker's husband has a vending machine business and we sometimes get things that are soon to expire that he can't sell). Lunch was stir fry made at home and hot tea.

Walked home, got the car and went to get the kiddo then did some shopping including gloves for the kiddo who had arrived with no gloves - UGH. Home and took the dogs out -- mind you I am FREEZING at this point. Supper made - pancakes and a "fruit concoction" made from a diced apple, diced pear, sliced banana, tablespoon of raisins, tablespoon of dried cranberries and just the slightest drizzle of melted blackberry jam. Hot tea for me, hot chocolate for the kiddo.

I had to tidy up the house because "mess" drives me crazy so put the kiddo in front of a movie (Bad Parenting 101) and got stuff done. Put the kiddo to bed at 7:30 rather than 8:00 - because I can - and here I am.

Repeating it all tomorrow friends...repeating it all tomorrow. Good Night.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Sheila, your fruit stuff sounds awesome.

I made the potato bread this afternoon, 2 loaves and if I don't pace myself 1 will be gone tomorrow :? Used the leftover mashed potatoes. Not enough to rewarm and /or use another meal.
smothered pork chops, baked potatoes, baked squash and corn for supper. dad ate good but he said he didn't have a good day. it is partially because of this weather.

I cleaned the paneling and the lamp shades as some of my extras today, I am tired so off to set the coffee maker and go to bed.
JCKitty
NoisyPorkchop

Post by NoisyPorkchop »

Well, better late than never!

I was having a pretty nice relaxing day at home after I went out and did my frugal food shopping for the week. Sat and chatted online with an old coworker who has moved to the other end of the state. We both used to work at the big hospital up north so we caught back up on old times and sharing the latest of what is going on in each other's lives.

I had started in on doing my housecleaning and instead found myself in a lot of pain in my lower abdomen. I've had my appendix out so that couldn't be the issue. Went on into the local urgent care and they did an exam and a bunch of tests and really didn't tell me what was wrong, lol. I will have to wait a couple of days for results of testing to come back. Well....I guess they didn't find anything life threatening with me so I guess I will wait :? In the end I just drove home and took some mild pain medication and am resting a bit. What a strange afternoon! I am feeling a bit better but I sure have no idea what that was about (other than I am allergic to housework :lol: )

I got home late and just ate some tasty leftovers and bundled up in my cozy flannel pajamas and robe. DH was concerned but I assured him I will be fine. I did make a nice meal plan for the week and, other than driving to the urgent care, have been trying to cut back on the amount of driving I am doing to save on gas. I still need to fine tune my trips so I am not finding myself backtracking all over town and can just get my errands done in one big sweep.

I can tell the temps have dropped around here and now the rain showers have started back up. I am just glad to be in an area that seems to be avoiding all the freezing temps. Would hate to drive in all that.

Well, that is the latest. Everyone take care and stay warm and dry.