Daily Check In January 18, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In January 18, 2017

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning

Up way too early, and desperately need coffee. Back in a moment or three.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Jan 18, 2018

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,

We are slowly warming up. We are at 10 deg F this morning and may even make it above freezing.

Today should be fun with out lunch carry-in. I need to pack a lot of stuff.

I did some number crunching and need to step up my savings to be able to pay DS's room and board for college next year and my trip to Italy in 2019. Between lawyers fees from my divorce and Christmas, I was spending a lot of $$. I just need to pay attention.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In January 18, 2017

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I seem to have developed a bit of a problem sleeping today. I think it could be because the furnace guy phoned and said he would be here at around 8 am to measure the hole for the concrete guys to cut through. Seems like there might be a bit of movement on getting things completed.

I have no plans for today after running around yesterday and getting all my errands completed. Today I will take my early morning walk, and do some extra cleaning.

Frugality wise this will be another no spend day. I really am hoping for at least 21 of them this month. The furnace expansion will be costly and then there are the jobs we want to accomplish this summer as well. Saving to help pay for them rather than dip too deeply into our savings, just makes sense to me.

I have started a pair of pink and purple socks. Neither ball had enough to make an entire pair on its own, so I have combined them. Boy are they bright!! Still it is keeping my hands busy, I am making something useful, I am using up my stash, decluttering the sewing/craft room and these will save me cash in the long run. Great frugal past time.

Supper this evening will be a clean out the fridge night. I think I may also bake some browinies to go along with the remaining meals this week. My sweet tooth is starting to act up a bit.

Today I am grateful that I no longer work and if I get really exhausted by this afternoon I can have a lovely nap (well that is if I can actually fall asleep).

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in Jan 18, 2018

Post by Jackielou »

mbrudnic wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:05 am Good Morning friends,

We are slowly warming up. We are at 10 deg F this morning and may even make it above freezing.

Today should be fun with out lunch carry-in. I need to pack a lot of stuff.

I did some number crunching and need to step up my savings to be able to pay DS's room and board for college next year and my trip to Italy in 2019. Between lawyers fees from my divorce and Christmas, I was spending a lot of $$. I just need to pay attention.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Maggie I started the check in a bit before you so moved your post into that thread.
Jackie
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Thanks, It seemed early enough that I did not check for a duo after I posted. When it is later, I often do.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,
Up too early...I see a nap in my future. I was sleeping real well and then my eyes just popped open. :shock:
Jackie, IMHO you and hubs are saints, I don't think I would have tolerated the lengthy delays in furnace work that you have, the people you have doing it do NOT sound like true professionals.
Today I will finish the to-do list and add in a "something extra" job or two. Probably baseboards and cobwebs search. Still trying to find a certain recipe, these are the times I wish the recipes were more organized. I am still working on photos, maybe recipes can be next.... :?
Need to thaw meat for supper and work on a grocery list. Give the house a once over and then read
Thinking of and praying for Becky's DD
Have a great, warm day all,
JCKitty