Daily Check in Jan 19, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Jan 19, 2018

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning frugal friends,

It is my payday today! So I will pay a few bills online. We are warmer today, no arctic wind chills.

I will probably go to dinner with my social/support group friends. Breakfast and dinner will be from home. I brought back a lot of rolls from yesterday's lunch, but I have no room in my freezer for them.

Have a great day,
Maggie

dlrcpa

Re: Daily Check in Jan 19, 2018

Post by dlrcpa »

Warmer here also, into the 50's over the weekend - hooray.
I figured out how to login to work from home and that's going to be very useful soon. I have a 2nd monitor but have not figured out how to get work to talk to it, so just have small laptop screen. Will ask around at work.

DH ended up making steaks last night so leftovers tonight. I finished the library book and may return it. I would like to shop at CVS tonight and use some coupons.

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Are you using a remote control window to log into work? If you only have one window into work, you may be short on luck with using the second screen BUt if you can open multiple windows with work applications, you should be able to drag a window to the second monitor. Good luck. This job is the first I have not had a second screen and it drives me nuts when I am creating and working tickets.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

My goodness and according to our outdoor temperature it barely reached freezing last night. Should be a lovely warm day today considering that it is the middle of January. We were talking at the meeting on Tuesday about how we are halfway through winter and on the downhill slope to spring.

Usual Friday jobs around the house, and I am not sure about doing a thorough cleaning of anything right at the moment. I think I will just work on keeping the dust down until everything is completed downstairs and just give good cleanings to those things like fridge, stove, oven, bathroom, sinks etc. for the next while. Once all is completed the dust should settle and I can really get down to business.

So regular household tasks to be done today, no extra cleaning (unless something calls to me, like messy inside pantry shelves). Should be done quickly and easily.

I do plan on taking my walk this morning. I am going to take advantage of this beautiful weather for as long as we have it.

I did not quite finish the colorful pink and purple pair of socks yesterday, but will complete the last one with just a little more knitting time. I will then cast on another pair. I am trying to make 7 pairs by the end of the month. The way things are moving along I will easily complete that goal. The yarn I am using for most pairs is leftover from other projects, orphan skeins, and partials are being used for this project. I am saving the small scraps and once the socks are knit I am going to use the leftovers from that to start a many coloured blanket. This time everything is going into something that we can use.

Supper this evening is going to be a Tuna casserole.

Today I am grateful the hole in the wall is completed and Hubby can dream of finishing the basement in the near future.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

It is not quite as cold as earlier in the week.

I have been busy this morning. My trash is gathered and out. I put out a full trash bag, plus a bag of shredding. I used the bag from my paper towels for the shredding. I don’t have recycling here.

I have my first load of wash in the dryer the second in the washer. Only 2 loads today.

I need to look for a missing circular needle.

Other than this not much is new.

Penny

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

Jackie, I’m glad that you are in the home stretch of getting your basement back to normal. What an ordeal.

Even though it is warmer this morning, I felt colder than yesterday for some reason. I’m drinking some hot tea so feel more comfortable now.

In a few minutes I’ll call the insurance woman. The inspectors on Tuesday said it would take them 48 hours to submit the report so the insurance agency should have it.

Yesterday at mom’s house I got another item out of her “hutch,” really a buffet with a hutch on top but we always called it the hutch. This item is a combined Torquay Pottery sugar and creamer. It is cute, much more my style than my great grandmother’s more delicate porcelain. Torquay is a town in Devon, England. Often Rinty has mentioned going on holiday to Devon.

I stopped at Home Depot and had some keys made. These are for my house. I want to give a set to another neighbor and a set to my good friend who lives several miles away. I had an e-gift card from MyPoints that covered the cost.

More shredding to do today and then I’ll work on genealogy. The regular genealogy club meets tomorrow and the topic is finding female ancestors.

Have a good day.