Daily Check in Jan 19, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Dgflorida

Re: Daily Check in Jan 19, 2018

Post by Dgflorida »

Good frosty Florida morning all,

Another cold, below freezing night, is over. Hopefully the last one for awhile. I did very little yesterday, but I expect to be busy today. I have grocery shopping this morning when it warms a bit. Then this afternoon will be out in the garden. Any number of chores to do. I have been giving a lot of thought to the 4x4 recycle wood pieces and the garden fence I want to make with them. I may set that up today since the area will be in the sun where it is warm.

Today the door inspector is supposed to come....sometime. Well, I will let hubs handle it if I am not here. However, no one seems to be moving early in this chill. Even the 7 am garbage people yesterday arrived more like 10 am.

Old dance partner is giving his 50 year old daughter money again. I warned him once he starts that again, she will have weekly disasters. It is sad to see how he gets sucked into that unhealthy cycle. It is sad for her too because she is discouraged from standing on her own feet. I don't miss his constant family drama.

The kitty is well. She is back to eating 2 cans of cat food a day. I called the vet concerning flea product. Revolution is very expensive through them and they don't offer a refund if she has a reaction to it. I suspect it is cheaper online. May consider that.

Hubs is finished with his pain medicine holiday and he was able to walk during the entire week off although he seemed unstable the last day and grumpy. Big improvement since by the end of a week off, he is usually in the wheelchair.

Well, time to eat a bit and head out to the grocery stores. Have a good day everyone. Stay warm. Stay safe.

chocolite

Post by chocolite »

DG, so glad to hear the good news about the kitty. I have a big orange cat crowding my lap at the moment, so the laptop is on the arm of the chair instead of where it should be. :)

Morning, all. Yesterday was not a good day. DH's father passed away. Although it was unexpected, it's not surprising. He had gotten so frail over the past few years. Still, it's such a hard thing to lose a parent.

My legs and back are not doing well. Seems like with each fall I've had, I am hurt worse and I bounce back less. Yesterday was a struggle to go to PT, then to work. I hate using this cane. Today, I feel a bit better, though, and I'm grateful for that.

Today is supposed to be much warmer than it has been - up to the mid 40s. That should melt the remainder of the white stuff we have. I think we are supposed to have a few days respite, then dropping temps again. Trouble is, there are lots of people in the midsouth who don't even own a coat; they just get by with a cardigan or light jacket. But with this weather, that's not really an option. I heard on the news yesterday that a homeless woman froze to death in front of City Hall. If that's not a heartbreaking commentary in itself, I don't know what is.

Hope everyone stays warm and dry today.
Patty

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

DGFlorida

I would be careful ordering flea products online. If they offer a really good deal - they are usually counterfeit.

As for parents giving kids money - my sister always says "you will do anything for your kids". Which I do not agree with since she can't say the same thing when she sees someone she doesn't "approve" of doing the same thing she does - :mrgreen:

Don't let it bother you.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Another gray day but it isn't freezing cold

Felt great out there this morning. Tomorrow we should see the sun.

Going out for breakfast in a bit. I was wondering what I was going to eat.

My other plan is to clear out one drawer today. It is full of things I no longer need

Hope all have a great day.

jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

I have been up and at it already this AM. Just put the veggie soup for tomorrow on to simmer....it smells so good. Used the last jar of home canned tomatoes, wah :o !!! 3/4 of it is thawed bits and pieces of veggies and broth, so score/win. It made a huge pot. Tonights supper will be fried fish, baked potatoes and salad, probably will rewarm the baked squash as dad really likes it.

I have 1 load of laundry done next up is a load of white towels. It is sunny but cold outside, might get to 40 degrees this afternoon. :)
I want to sweep and do floors this afternoon, probably run a duster on tabletops first.

I hope to be able to go to the library tomorrow, may pick up a movie while there , it is not supposed to be very nice on Sunday so free entertainment.

Patty, so sorry to hear about your father in law....it is never easy. I REALLY hope you start to feel better soon.
DGFlorida, be very careful with mailorder vet supplies, so glad your kitty is better.
I have been working on my spring summer to-do list, I need to get it into order now, I have just been jotting things down as I think of them.
Off to stir soup and then finish chores.
Have a great warm day all,
JCKitty

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

chocolite wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:06 am
DG, so glad to hear the good news about the kitty. I have a big orange cat crowding my lap at the moment, so the laptop is on the arm of the chair instead of where it should be. :)

Morning, all. Yesterday was not a good day. DH's father passed away. Although it was unexpected, it's not surprising. He had gotten so frail over the past few years. Still, it's such a hard thing to lose a parent.

My legs and back are not doing well. Seems like with each fall I've had, I am hurt worse and I bounce back less. Yesterday was a struggle to go to PT, then to work. I hate using this cane. Today, I feel a bit better, though, and I'm grateful for that.

Today is supposed to be much warmer than it has been - up to the mid 40s. That should melt the remainder of the white stuff we have. I think we are supposed to have a few days respite, then dropping temps again. Trouble is, there are lots of people in the midsouth who don't even own a coat; they just get by with a cardigan or light jacket. But with this weather, that's not really an option. I heard on the news yesterday that a homeless woman froze to death in front of City Hall. If that's not a heartbreaking commentary in itself, I don't know what is.

Hope everyone stays warm and dry today.
Patty, Sorry for your loss.