Cricket Wireless?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
2dogs+someCats

Cricket Wireless?

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

Does anyone have or have you ever had Cricket Wireless? I just ordered the SIM card kit for $9.99 to switch from Straighttalk (cheapest plan $40 for my phone) and the first month's Cricket Wireless plan for $25 per month.

This will save me about $180 a year if I stay with it. I am looking to switch to something EVEN CHEAPER - but this is a stop-gap measure that is less expensive - I do NOT have phone service right now and I need to have it because of my parents, etc.

So I am just wondering what your experience has been with Cricket Wireless if you have ever used it. Thank you.
LWolfT

Re: Cricket Wireless?

Post by LWolfT »

I don't have it ... but I'm very interested in yours and everyone else's experience. I'm at the point where I need a new phone, and I'd like a small data plan. Cricket seems to have the best deal right now...
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Only thing I've heard bad about them around here is that you might not have coverage in the really rural areas.
GMPG54

Post by GMPG54 »

I found their frequent reminders that your service due date is coming up annoying but I live in a rural area and the coverage was fine,they are affiliated with Tracfone.
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

2dogs+someCats wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:33 am Does anyone have or have you ever had Cricket Wireless? I just ordered the SIM card kit for $9.99 to switch from Straighttalk (cheapest plan $40 for my phone) and the first month's Cricket Wireless plan for $25 per month.

This will save me about $180 a year if I stay with it. I am looking to switch to something EVEN CHEAPER - but this is a stop-gap measure that is less expensive - I do NOT have phone service right now and I need to have it because of my parents, etc.

So I am just wondering what your experience has been with Cricket Wireless if you have ever used it. Thank you.
I love Cricket bc I have five cells on a plan for 100.00 (so 20.00 each with unlimited date and text). i do not have trouble with dropped calls or anything. It is basically the outlet for AT and T so it uses At and T lines/or whatever they call it. I have also coverage wherever I go. So I am happy with it! I went into the store after reviewing with yelp and got the ins and outs and which store had good help,etc and the manager at mine was awesome and set it all up for me and whenever I have any trouble even with my iphone he is willing to help me.

All my cells were free from my brother-he works IT so always gets free cells to try,etc and has 4 kids so whenever he updates to the newest he gives us his old one! I did end up paying for one iphne at a discounted price after my son updated my cell without asking me and it exposed a glitch in my model and I argued with Apple it stopped working after the update so it has to be the update. they said it exposed a glitch that was already on there-so they are selling defective phones then and want me to pay for another defective cell!? Oh we kept going round and round-I ended up paying I think it was 160.00 GRRR and it lost all my contacts despite stating it would restore it-it kept my really old ones and got rid of newer ones-go figure! AND NOW in the news you hear how Apple is a crook and doing this stuff on purpose so you buy a new cell and I even said that to them straight up! NEXT time,I am boycotting Apple and getting an Android-hopefully for free!