Daily Check in Jan 23, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check in Jan 23, 2018

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning.. Today I turn 73! Where have all of the years gone? It does not seem possible. Mentally I feel the same as I did when I was in my 20's.. My body says yeah but...lol. No plans. I really have never been a big fan of birthday parities. No problem with turning older it is life enjoy each day but no need for a lot of whistles and bells.

My former caregiver, now friend and sister, sent a lovely fleece blanket to me.. Also the cutest little faux suede and lambs wool coat for doggie nephew.. It has a hood and when I put it on him he kept tipping his head back in to the hood to see what in the heck it was..he was so cute and funny. I laughed so hard..

Our weather went from about 60 yesterday most of the day down to about 32 over night.. blustery all day and in to today and going to stay that way..

Have a lovely day and stay safe and warm. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Happy Birthday Janet. I hope you have a wonderful day.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Morning, Penny, and all --

It's a sunny morning, thankfully, although I think it's supposed to be pretty chilly today. After the last couple weeks, though, I am just grateful we're above freezing. This has been a strange winter.

I'm part of a short story writing group and our January submission is due tomorrow. I am not happy with my story at all. For some reason I really struggled with the writing prompt this time. But, the important thing is that I finish and hit the word count, etc. I hope next month is easier.

I signed up for an online book club. I've always wanted to be in a book club, but I think I would have a hard time attending it. So this seemed like a good opportunity. Trouble is, with everything that's been going on, I have yet to start the book. And, I keep seeing people post about how much they hated the book, etc., which be contributing to my procrastination. I've found myself reading everything else instead of the book!

I had PT scheduled this morning before work but I cancelled. I really hope the MRI tomorrow shows exactly what's going on. My DS is not doing well at all. I am so worried about her. Her shoulder surgery is scheduled tomorrow morning, and I know she is counting the minutes. I hate our managed care system.

Today I will be driving to and from work and I'm counting it as a no spend day. I have to pick up an Rx from the pharmacy, but I will use my HSA money for that, so no out of pocket cost.
Patty
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Happy birthday, Janet, and many more!
Patty
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Jackielou wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:40 am Happy Birthday Janet. I hope you have a wonderful day.
Thanks Jackie no plans just the same old same old but I like my life just the way it is.

Thanks Patty. I do have plans for many more..lol. I may be 73 but my plans go on for quite few more. One of my Aunts lived to 93 and she lived on her own and was active up until 3 weeks before she died..I plan on doing that as well. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

alliesmama4 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:30 am Good morning.. Today I turn 73! Where have all of the years gone? It does not seem possible. Mentally I feel the same as I did when I was in my 20's.. My body says yeah but...lol. No plans. I really have never been a big fan of birthday parities. No problem with turning older it is life enjoy each day but no need for a lot of whistles and bells.

My former caregiver, now friend and sister, sent a lovely fleece blanket to me.. Also the cutest little faux suede and lambs wool coat for doggie nephew.. It has a hood and when I put it on him he kept tipping his head back in to the hood to see what in the heck it was..he was so cute and funny. I laughed so hard..

Our weather went from about 60 yesterday most of the day down to about 32 over night.. blustery all day and in to today and going to stay that way..

Have a lovely day and stay safe and warm. Janet Alliesmama
Wishing you the happiest birthday!!!!!