What household items do you plan to buy this year and why?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Dgflorida

What household items do you plan to buy this year and why?

Post by Dgflorida »

I plan to buy a small chest freezer this year. I will wait until a good sale though. I am NOT going to buy an instapot which is all the rage this year. What are you planning to buy this year?
swtnsassy1

Re: What household items do you plan to buy this year and why?

Post by swtnsassy1 »

We will be having new windows installed this year and probably a new stove.
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Sadly lots.
Clothes - need to do a major stock up on both summer and winter.
Hubs will turn 70 this year and I will either do a large party or a trip.
Interior shutters for my windows - or at least some of them.
New carpet for all 3 bedrooms
Water softener.
We also need a new patio and new driveway but likely given the cost of concrete, will need to wait to a later time.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Is a lawnmower a household thing?

If so... IF this house sells and we move to the one we want, we're going to have to go from just the little 2-battery electric lawnmower, which is an amazing device, to a combo of it and a gas-powered push mower.

I hate that idea, because I don't like having gas cans and oil and things like that laying around and the electric machine is soooo quiet, but the new yard will be large by comparison to this one.

Maybe I can talk DH into a 2nd electric (we have TWO kids, after all ;) , may as well put both of them to work) and a couple spare batteries.

Or a goat. I'm sure the dog would love that!
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Part of me wants a robotic vacuum. I hate to Vacuum. I'd like to replace my couch and even get a small recliner. But... I need to have $$ for DS's college room and board as well as my Spring 2019 trip to Italy.

DS will probably need a new laptop, and a tuxedo for school. Hopefully his Dad and I can split it. Maybe he can pitch in too!

Sooner the same kid needs new black dress shoes and a new suit for graduation.

So maybe no household purchases this year.
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

I need curtains, shades, blinds, or whatever, for my livingroom windows. The blinds that were up didn't even match, were old and cracked, so I finally just took them down, now my windows have been bare...all winter....I'm terrible, LOL

I'd like to get a bigger toaster oven. I have a small one, and I really love it for not having to turn on the big oven for small things like corn bread, tuna melts, etc. I'm getting rid of my microwave, because cleaning the inside of it is worse than washing pans, IMO, LOL Plus I think I"ll eat less if it takes longer to cook something.

My landlady should be getting me a new stove in a few weeks, also.

I'd like a different shower curtain, although I don't need one. Trick is finding one that matches my towels, so I don't feel like I should buy new towels, LOL
ohjodi