Daily check in Feb 4

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily check in Feb 4

Post by alliesmama4 »

BevMoore wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:39 pm
All 37 plants are in! Soon I will go take a shower and relax in my jammies. I was not able to plant any in my back yard as I had planned. The root system from my large redwood trees make it difficult to dig. So I made room and managed to get all 37 planted in the front yard without crowding. Now to see if any make it. I am optimistic because of my planting them so early in the year. We are having spring weather now, not sure what is in store for Mar-May. If the hot weather holds off until June that will give my plants a good four months to adapt before the stress of the hot weather. I will pick up some transplant type fertilizer this week to help them along.

I'm pretty excited. I hope my front yard will transform from ho-hum to hot-hot-hot! My neighbor across from me told me the yard is already looking good. It's a mess out there but I will take my time getting it all cleaned up.

Bev
Bev congrats.. I hope they all take roots and do well. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

alliesmama4 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:08 pm
clemencia2us wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:17 pm
wah - still not feeling all peppy and happy.

Am I getting like my older siblings? Is this something that happens when you get older :?:

Well whatever it is, I do not like it!!

The sun is out and I can't enjoy it. Booooo
Clem sorry to hear you are feeling down.. Not sure what is causing it.. However I am 73 and a happy camper about 98% of the time..((hug)). Janet Alliesmama
I think it is my lack of sleep. I haven't been able to really sleep all night for some time. It is mostly due to my dogs. Right now my eyes are barely open, but if I try to sleep, I can't. Crazy

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

clemencia2us wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:08 pm
alliesmama4 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:08 pm
clemencia2us wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:17 pm
wah - still not feeling all peppy and happy.

Am I getting like my older siblings? Is this something that happens when you get older :?:

Well whatever it is, I do not like it!!

The sun is out and I can't enjoy it. Booooo
Clem sorry to hear you are feeling down.. Not sure what is causing it.. However I am 73 and a happy camper about 98% of the time..((hug)). Janet Alliesmama
I think it is my lack of sleep. I haven't been able to really sleep all night for some time. It is mostly due to my dogs. Right now my eyes are barely open, but if I try to sleep, I can't. Crazy
Welcome to my world..I have had severe insomnia for years and only sleep about 2 to 4 hours per night.. Teddi sleeps well so he is not the problem.. Have you had your B-12 checked? Mine is dangerously low and it can contribute to some of your complaints. Also Vit D might need to be checked..Also Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

gaylejackson2 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:50 pm
Jackielou wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:45 am
MackerelCat wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:49 am
Jackie, I have crocheted a number of scrap afgans to use up leftover yarn. The trick to making it all look coordinated was to include a neutral color like cream.
I have thought about using a neutral colour after each section of colours that go together. I need to check my stash and see if there is anything suitable or if (shudder) I have to buy a skein or two.
My Facebook friend made a scrap afghan recently, I saw a picture yesterday, but she used black around her blocks... she made a granny-square afghan from bright colors, then used black to stitch the blocks together. Its really beautiful, and made me think of stained glass.
My great grandmother made an afghan like that, I have it and it will go to my niece later. ;)

My great grandmother died in the 1940's

IC

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I've tried the Vit D and it really upset my tummy

Almost time for blood work, so will check b12

BeckyO

Post by BeckyO »

Evening Y'All,
I hope this post does not disappear like the last three.
I've been home since my visit to the VA, temp, bad lung sounds etc.. pneumonia. She gave me 28 days worth of antibiotis. I just feel very lethargic. I've been sleeping a lot.

DD#1 should be back from California. They went for 4 days to celebrate her DMIL;s 90th Bday

DD#2, in Florida, called. She is still having lots of pain but is in good spirits and was adjusting to her new circumstances. Her legs have really swollen. I haven't talked to her since she saw the doctor.

DGD age 20 is still in Australia. I miss her : (

I had to cancel my dinner out with friends, Fri. We will reschedule. One of the friends who was going called today. She had to put her car in the shop, but got a loaner. She called someone out to price a skirt for her house. He noticed a big chunk of her roof had slid out of place. She got the shingles and he fixed it, But he told her roof was in trouble and she needs a new roof. I told her to call DD#1 and talk to her . DD#!'s co. does commercial, not residential roofs, but can give her some good info.

Have a good night
BeckyO