driverless cars changing real estate.

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

driverless cars changing real estate.

Post by icfrugal1 »

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... eal-estate

A thought piece, very interesting !

IC
icfrugal1

Re: driverless cars changing real estate.

Post by icfrugal1 »

icfrugal1 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:49 pm https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... eal-estate

A thought piece, very interesting !

My thought was that with Uber and other companies, I will be able to stay in my home much longer, if I reach a point where I can'r drive.

IC
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Interesting article. I am looking forward to eliminating the need for a car. It is a big waste of money with cost, insurance etc. But convenience is king. Right now, I can drive despite my vision situation. One eye is perfect according to the eye doctor and the other is getting better. And I drive at low car volume times, less risk. As far as real estate goes, I think that article assumes a lot that I am not sure will be as big a factor in where people live as it suggests. But it was an interesting conclusion.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I dunno about my faith in the driver less car as such. But yes, the rise of Uber and Lyft and the like-along with the advent of cheap grocery delivery services and amazon and such,..............all make me less worried about the need to find a "walking" neighborhood in my later years.
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

I really see the benefit this will be to many of us who are aging. But I cannot help but think this is whole segment of jobs that will be eliminated from the workforce. Truckers, cab drivers, delivery men, bus drivers - the entire transportation industry will be decimated. It is a frightening time.