Daily Check in Feb 8, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
AnneX

Re: Daily Check in Feb 8, 2018

Post by AnneX »

Good Morning

Woke up early. I have changed my bed and made a shopping list with this week’s specials. Now I’m enjoying my second cup of coffee while I wait for a load of laundry to dry.

Yesterday we had snow. I had planned on staying in, but on Tuesday my neighbour got a call from the hospital saying they had booked him for surgery yesterday to get the plate removed from his ankle. H e had been waiting for months so couldn’t decline the appointment. I had promised I would go to accompany him home after the surgery. His surgery was supposed to start at 9:30 but around 9:45 the hospital called to say he was finished, having a snack, and ready to come home.
I was waiting for my cleaning lady who was somewhat late because of the snow. I decided to leave a note on the lobby intercom telling her to let herself in. But I met her as I was going out.

I t was messy walking to the subway and even messier when I got off at the other end. I was surprised that there had been no effort to clear sidewalks near the hospital as there are 5 hospitals in that area.
I walked carefully and got there safely. We came back in a cab. My neighbour was feeling good and wanted to come to my place for coffee, but the cleaning lady was still there so I got him to come in the afternoon instead. I had bought a Robin Hood Just-a-Few cookie mix so baked that – it made 8 cookies. Better than buying a box of cookies and then being constantly tempted by them.

I called my friend to see if she wanted to come for supper and TV, but there was no answer and she doesn’t have voicemail. I didn’t try again as I decided I was really tired. So I had an early supper and an evening of reading and napping.

This morning I have dancercise, followed by lunch with 2 or 3 friends. Plan to do a bit of a shop this afternoon. Will probably invite my friend for supper if I can get hold of her.

Glad it's not snowing today. Supposed to snow for the next 3 days.

Take care,
AnneX
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

wow Jackie - that is awful. Hope you heal quickly.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Slept okay.

Had to let one dog out at 6 and then the rest went out at 7ish. They didn't stay out long.

It got down to the high 30s but doesn't feel too bad. The sun is out and the grey skies have receded for a bit. Maybe it will be a sunny day.

Here I am all bundled up and I saw a couple of kids headed to school without wearing a jacket. One had on short sleeves, the other long, but still. Looked middle school aged. And I know it isn't because they don't have a way of getting coats. The school will provide if needed. My brother used to do the same thing!

Take care all and be careful in the ice and snow.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Jackielou wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:40 am Good morning fellow fugalites,

My posts today will be a series of short ones. I meant to get on here last night but was too tired and in pain (still am in fact).

Yesterday afternoon I slipped and fell coming back from picking up the mail. As soon as I picked myself up off the ground I knew there was damage. By the time I reached the hospital I knew I had broke my wrist. The same wrist I had broken many years ago.

So here I sit, picking out words with one finger, drugged up for the pain and unable to knit, cross stitch or sew for awhile. Thank heavens for my e reader and for the android box and for all of you. I am stuck inside until the ice disappears

Supper tonight will be warmed up meatloaf along with baked beans and perhaps sliced cucumbers if I can figure out how to slice.

Today I am grateful I didn't do even more damage to myself.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

Jackie I am so sorry that you broke your wrist. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery.. Take care. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. It is a chilly 19 but suppose to warm up later in to the 40's. I am suppose to start my weekly B-12 shots today.. However when I called the office no answer.. gggrrr. The last time I called they were suppose to be open on Thursday and Friday and when I went on a Friday no one there and a note on the door.You do not need an appointment for a B-12 shot so I need to always call to make sure someone is there..Not much going on but the B-12 shot. It is a 50 mile round trip to go for the shot so I am pretty much wiped out for the day. May wait until later in the day for the weather to warm up.

I received an e-mail from a friend of mine that lives in India She is from India and is a psychologist.She use to teach psychology at a university in the Chicago, IL area. She moved back to India several years ago and is teaching psychology at a local university.. She has invited me to come to visit her. She lives in a very nice upscale apartment by the sea.. Quite lovely. I wish I had the money and the energy to go visit her.

Have a good, safe and frugal day. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Good morning!

I am done working for the week so other than bowling this morning and a possible trip to Costco to gas up my SUV it will be stay at home for the rest of the week. I may be going out on one of the weekend days with my friends so I want a full tank of gas at the cheapest price. We want to take advantage of our springlike weather. The cool thing about having my gas tank on the right side of the vehicle is being able to drive right up to the pump instead of waiting in line.

My weekend projects include changing the air filter on my a/c, vacuuming out my van that I transported my 37 plants in and some deep cleaning. I don't know where the dust and dirt come from! I also need to clean out my garage and make sure I have enough space to drive a vehicle in for detailing. I cannot see paying $100+ for this service as long as I can do it myself. It may take awhile but it is money saved. Rumor has it gas may be up to $4.00 a gallon by Memorial Day so I want to keep the vehicles filled up at the cheapest prices. I have a feeling the gas sipper will be getting more use. It is a 2003 Toyota Corolla but I have kept up on the maintenance (along with my other vehicles) so it should be fine.

Bev