Going For The Silver

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Re: Going For The Silver

Post by gaylejackson2 »

floridacatlover wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:54 pm You can tell where my mind is today - I thought this was going to be a thread about the Olympics! Wondered why it didn’t say Going for the Gold :-)
I thought the same thing. 😂
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

I dyed my hair a lot before I got married but dh asked me not to do it again. Now 19 years later, I've got some lovely (or not) streaks of silver in my dark brown hair that have me thinking about dyeing my hair again. I'm also considering cutting off several inches to “hide” more visible gray chunks.

Thrre was a little girl in one class I subbed in today that had the cutest hairstyle, I might see if a beautician could give me a similar style. A bob with some shaping in the back — I think I’ve had similar cuts in the past.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Up until 8 years ago, I dyed my hair and hated every moment of time that it took. I did it myself (definitely not perfectly) because I wasn't going to spend anywhere from $700 to $1000 a year in upkeep since my hair was a medium brown. As I got to that point, I found myself letting it go longer and longer until I finally decided I had enough. Personally, I don't care what anyone thinks about how I look as long as I'm fresh and presentable. If someone decides they choose to avoid me because my hair is now white, their loss. And with that shallow thinking on their part, I'm probably better off.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Never have and more than likely never will.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Howdy, Everyone!!!
Happy to report that my wish has come true - we're totally slammed by a snowstorm and I'm loving it! We'll have about 14" by the time all is said and done. I've already bundled up and sat on the front porch for a while. Just sat and watched the snow falling and listened to the quiet. Not very cold, somewhere in the 20s.

I have very dark brown hair and started getting grey in my late 20s. I've always liked my hair color so I resisted and I'm glad I did. Now, at my advanced age, I'm still not totally grey. My mother lived to 92 and never turned totally grey. Very nice hair! So I seem to be following in her footsteps. yay, me!!!

Today will have me "resting" - reading, clipping coupons, talking to our cat (Willow, our rescue cat), and planning supper. Not very exciting but I need a down-day! See you all later. Stay safe whatever your weather is like. Be thankful for all those little bitty small things - they make our days nicer.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I think it is so mucheasier for blondes because they can ake a slow transition and it looks more natural. I am completely white and I have been since the late thirties. I do color my hair, but i suspect after a wedding and a couple events this spring I may let it go.....maybe. My problem is, I love, love, love the color it is dyed and it looks really natural on me and goes well with my skin. sooooooooooooooooooo