Olympic Games

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Olympic Games

Post by Jackielou »

delighted99 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:04 pm I've long heard about Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir. I saw them perform Sat. night. WOW just WOW. I didn't think I liked ice dancing until I see them in action.
They are awesome!!!!
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Mrscreative wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:27 am Hi delighted - I'm pretty proud of the Canadian figure skating performances so far! I think our weakest link will be in the women's singles. Patrick Chan can also be a bit unpredictable but now that he has a gold medal for the team event, I think this will give him the boost to do a performance of a lifetime before he retires from professional skating. In my opinion, no other man can duplicate his artistry. He just can't land those quads like he use to and the triple axel always seems to give him difficulty too.
Your Canadian skaters are fantastic. I think your two ladies, Kaetlyn Osmond and Gabby Daleman, could challenge for a Bronze medal in the individual event. But I'm hoping that one of my two favorites, Carolina Kostner (italy) or Mirai Nagasu (U.S.) get the Bronze. The two Russian ladies have pretty much wrapped up Gold and Silver before they even step on the ice!
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Jackielou wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:31 am
delighted99 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:04 pm I've long heard about Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir. I saw them perform Sat. night. WOW just WOW. I didn't think I liked ice dancing until I see them in action.
They are awesome!!!!
Yes, totally awesome! They will be challenged by a French team but I really hope that V&M win the Gold.