Slightly off topic fashion Question

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
frugalmom

Re: Slightly off topic fashion Question

Post by frugalmom »

Quilter51 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:19 pm ***** Please don't respond with "who cares what you look like, or wear what you want". I care what I look like and I am wearing what I want.

So, my niece is getting married in april. Her main color or fabric is blue with flowers that are various shades of pnk or coral. The bridesmaids dresses are the blue, and she has asked the women in the family to wear the pink. please note that I do NOT consider this an imposition. I can use a new dress (pretty desperately actually) and I wear pink.

My problem is, as a women who cannot possibly where heels is what to wear with said light salmon colored, pale pinkish mother of the bride or groom style dress. It will be similar to the dress in the link or something tea lenghth and it is in April. In the texas panhandle. As I see it (unless I find pale pink shoes, which I stil might) by options are gold or black patent flats or gold or black dressy sandals. Thoughts? this not be able to wear heels stuff doesnt kill me often, but when it does, it does. Sigh

https://www.amazon.com/Bos-Womens-Sequi ... +plus+size
Yes a beigy taupe or I think they call it nude these days type of shoe would be pretty. Blush would be nice with a hint of pink or ivory or silvery. I saw on poshmark or mercari maybe some nice flats I think from INC which were flat but Idk if it will go with these-have to look for it and post it if I can find it.
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

BTW what size are you? BTW I know what you mean at my dd's wedding I bought these beautiful red carpet type of heels like for Cinderella but I could only wear it for 5 minutes at a time-it was too high and painful! So I just wore it for pictures and the rest of the time I brought flats just in case!
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

https://poshmark.com/listing/INC-silver ... 2426031dca

These are the shoes and they have better pictures so look it up. Maybe to much with rhinestones? Also d'orsay flats there are many colors-Jill sells it but maybe pricey.
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

Here are the JJill ones and there is a variety of colors. I have them and they are comfy.
https://www.jjill.com/SearchDisplay?sto ... rsay+flats

Note that the first one has a powder color which is a blush color which would look nice and there is gray too which silver and grayish colors would go with pink as long as it is soft and not harsh like a dark gray may be too harsh but a lighter gray may work.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Thanks for all the ideas everyone. I am actually looking for a dress that is less blush than that a bit more rose and if I can find a tea lenght dress that is 100 bucks or less I may get it. I keep looking daily at the new stuff coming out, as it's spring and I should be seeing new dresses. Apparantly this needs to be a tad dressier/more formal than I thought, and while I would pay more than 100 for a dress I could wear for years, that's my limit for a dress I'll wear once a year.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

frugalmom wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:29 pm Here are the JJill ones and there is a variety of colors. I have them and they are comfy.
https://www.jjill.com/SearchDisplay?sto ... rsay+flats

Note that the first one has a powder color which is a blush color which would look nice and there is gray too which silver and grayish colors would go with pink as long as it is soft and not harsh like a dark gray may be too harsh but a lighter gray may work.
I have those in black! I've never had to use them, but have them just in case! I love J Jill.