Daily Check in FEb 12, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily Check in FEb 12, 2018

Post by jckitty »

Back from supper at dads, he is doing so much better! He took himself to town today and got a haircut, while it may not sound like a big deal, it really is...he hasn't been anywhere or driven in a long time.

Clem, so sorry about the passing of you dog. it is so sad to see them go but the COD did the right thing...doesn't make it any easier.

Mackie, there is a mail order catalog that mom used to get, Anthony Richards ?? they have petites and their PJ's are cotton jersey type material. You might check them out, prices are pretty good.

I am really tired tonight, while it was sunny today, it was still very cold...driveway is still all iced up. Tomorrow the temps are supposed to go up, probably turn into a mudhole....yuck.
Off to read and then a soak in the tub.
JCKitty
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Hi all -
Nothing going on here to report. Fixed beef, mushrooms and noodles for supper.

Clemmie - just wanted to send you my sympathies about losing your fur baby. It is so hard. You have given so many babies a good life - I hope that gives you comfort. Off to watch the Olympics and pretend I am a luger. That is a sport that falls within my skill set - laying down and pointing my toes.

Have a great evening.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

clemencia2us wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:33 pm Poor COD - he took our old german shepherd dog to the vet to get checked out.

Hadn't been doing well. He was given meds last week, but still lethargic. Blood work today showed severe kidney failure! So he had to decide to put him to sleep. I was really surprised he went through with it.

The last dog that died, he refused to let me take her in to be relieved of her pain. She died here at home. The COD is very sensitive about things like that - surprises me sometimes.

It was sad to see his once big fluffy body all compact in the nice "coffin". We buried him with the others in the back yard. Down to 8 pups now. He cannot be replaced. :cry:
Clem so sorry for your loss. Each pup has their own personality and you are right he cannot be replaced in your heart.. ((hug)) Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

clemencia2us wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:33 pm Poor COD - he took our old german shepherd dog to the vet to get checked out.

Hadn't been doing well. He was given meds last week, but still lethargic. Blood work today showed severe kidney failure! So he had to decide to put him to sleep. I was really surprised he went through with it.

The last dog that died, he refused to let me take her in to be relieved of her pain. She died here at home. The COD is very sensitive about things like that - surprises me sometimes.

It was sad to see his once big fluffy body all compact in the nice "coffin". We buried him with the others in the back yard. Down to 8 pups now. He cannot be replaced. :cry:
I can't tell you how sorry I am for you, your COD, and your doggie, it takes such love to make sure that they are in peace and no pain.

IC :cry:
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Thanks for all the kind words.

Bruce was a stray that kept showing up at my sisters house. She lives in a town down the road. The COD was out there and brought him home.

He was real pretty. Big fat fluffy German shepherd mix.

He basically lived with the COD in his room. He was a good pup.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

colonialgirl wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:40 pm Hi all -
Nothing going on here to report. Fixed beef, mushrooms and noodles for supper.

Clemmie - just wanted to send you my sympathies about losing your fur baby. It is so hard. You have given so many babies a good life - I hope that gives you comfort. Off to watch the Olympics and pretend I am a luger. That is a sport that falls within my skill set - laying down and pointing my toes.

Have a great evening.
yes knowing that they didn't have to live on the streets really helps.