Daily Check in FEb 12, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Re: Daily Check in FEb 12, 2018

Post by LWolfT »

Good afternoon ... sunny and 30. Supposed to warm up to near 60 later in the week. I think the trees are confused; they look like they're budding.
Kitty, we got a bit of ice overnight Saturday, but the main streets were OK. Had a scary moment when I stepped on a metal grate and started to slide ... but managed to hold my balance and got off ... quickly!!
Enjoyed the movie on Saturday ... had a musical performance, door prizes and a cartoon ahead of the feature.
Sunday's home show ... pretty much a selling event, so happy I had free passes.

Today, some laundry, some paid work.
Jackie ... it will get better. You're probably getting more done than I would under the circumstances!
Penny, sounds like you're on the mend.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good afternoon all,

I was up at 7 and have been busy ever since, have been to town and back....dads steaks were on sale and he needed milk stocked up in his freezer. That is done and everything is put away. I also bought 3 bunches of tulips at Aldi's for 2.99 each. They look so pretty in my blue pottery pitcher. I really needed some spring flowers/color in my life right now. :D

Tonight I am serving hamburger steaks, fried potatoes with onions (dad requested), salad and will find a veggie.

I have the floors vacuumed and laundry done....except for the last load of throw rugs. I use a lot of rugs this time of year, snow, mud and dogs see to that. :?

I need to purchase minutes for the cell phone, will do that later this afternoon.

Off to get more done.
JCKitty
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon everyone,

Jackie I'm glad you're feeling more your own self and Penny glad your mouth pain is subsiding. It can be a tricky thing dealing with funerals and estates - going through this process myself and even harder when dealing with a blended family, as it is in my case.

This morning dh and I took advantage of a free promotion and went cross country skiing for over 3 hours. It started off pretty darn nippy at -18 C without windchill but didn't feel so cold once we got into the sheltered bush. I felt invigorated afterwards and in fact went for a short ice skate at our local rink that I can just walk to. I do find the skating really hard on my ankles! But I was anxious to try out the "new" skates I bought at the Salvation Army thrift store. Boy were they sharp! So pleased to have scored them. The outdoor rink is pretty bumpy though - they don't have a zamboni running over it.

Dh and I had sandwiches from home while skiing so no money spent besides the gas to get there. Had also packed plain yogurt in small containers and two bananas. Along with water bottles and a thermos of hot tea. So with a little preplanning I had everything ready.

Did a load of laundry. Dh perspires a lot So his tshirt, fleece, jacket, hat and mittens needed a wash.

Have really been enjoying the Olympics but barely have time to watch it! Should start to think about supper preparation.

Have a good evening everyone!
Creative
"
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Poor COD - he took our old german shepherd dog to the vet to get checked out.

Hadn't been doing well. He was given meds last week, but still lethargic. Blood work today showed severe kidney failure! So he had to decide to put him to sleep. I was really surprised he went through with it.

The last dog that died, he refused to let me take her in to be relieved of her pain. She died here at home. The COD is very sensitive about things like that - surprises me sometimes.

It was sad to see his once big fluffy body all compact in the nice "coffin". We buried him with the others in the back yard. Down to 8 pups now. He cannot be replaced. :cry:
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Clem, I am sorry to hear that about Bruce. He seemed like an excellent dog from your stories about him.

I had a super hectic day at work. Glad to be home with the snuggliest of the dachshund girls on my lap.

I looked hard online for pajamas yesterday and finally wound up buying a pair off eBay (new). When did cotton PJs become so expensive?
Mackie
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Clemenca sorry to hear about your German shephard. It's sad to lose a pet. They truly become part of your family.

Creative