Daily Check in Feb 18, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check in Feb 18, 2018

Post by ChristmasTrees »

AnneX wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:04 am Good Morning:

Looks like it may be semi-sunny today. I'd better take advantage, as a lot of rain is in the forecast for the next few days.

I'm poaching some chicken thighs for chicken barley soup. Since I have to keep an eye on the stove, I decided I might as well cook a couple of servings of steel cut oats as well.

Tomorrow is a holiday (Family Day) and some of the grocery stores will be closed, so I'll go out today. I need coffee and there's only one grocery chain I know of where I can get the brand I like. I'll check their website for specials before I go.

I went out for coffee with a friend yesterday. and am probably going out with another friend today. Still using the gift card I got for Christmas. My neighbor wants to come here for coffee tomorrow.

my amaryllis with 5 lovely pink and white blossoms looks like it's about to flop over. once I'm dressed, I'll go out to the balcony and find a stake to prop up the stock. it's the only touch of Spring I have.

Take care,
AnneX
What a beuatiful holiday! Family Day!
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Sorry....beautiful. I am not the best at typing!
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning.. It is bright and sunny and going up in to the 50's. We had snow yesterday! The temp will be going up to ( 72 F) by Tuesday but with rain.. I am going to take Teddi to the park. He loves going for rides and a trip to the park makes him really happy.

I have been reorganizing my kitchen cabinets and pantry and finding things that need to be used up. I really am getting mentally ready for Spring cleaning in the house as well as outside. Of course my energy level will crash before I get everything done on my list but it is nice to plan and do what I can.

Have a great Sunday..Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Janet I have been doing the same thing and stuff has been going out the door. It feels good doesn't it? I have been enjoying my days staying at home and puttering around the house. I am sure at some point some jobs will come up and I will be ready to take them on. It's all about finding a balance in my life.

Bev
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

BevMoore wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:53 am Janet I have been doing the same thing and stuff has been going out the door. It feels good doesn't it? I have been enjoying my days staying at home and puttering around the house. I am sure at some point some jobs will come up and I will be ready to take them on. It's all about finding a balance in my life.

Bev
Bev I love being home and having a life..lol...It took me a while to adjust to not working but I had to retire due to medical problems. However I love having the time and energy to do things that I could not do while working..It does feel good to sort through things and to get things out of the house that are no longer useful or needed. My job was so hecticI could not do many fun things but I would buy craft projects and yarn etc to use for when I retired but I must have thought I was going to live to be 100 years old..lol. The nice thing is that some of my nieces want the crafts and can use them.

I love being at home now and hope you continue to enjoy your staying at home too. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Afternoon!
It's finally sunny after days of rain, snow and freezing rain.
Not a lot going on. Grocery shopped yesterday got home before the nasty weather set in. Making some headway on my mending pile.
Today, watching hockey and have some paperwork to deal with. DH has a root canal tomorrow, so I have to figure out some soft meals for afterward.