Daily Check in Feb 20, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check in Feb 20, 2018

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I just got back from early voting. It is wet out but we missed most of the rain. I didn’t get wet walking into the library or back to her car. I didn’t take my rollator but did ask for a chair to sit on while I voted. It was a very long ballot. But there was not line, 2 more voters came as we were walking out.

We saw one candidate get talked to for being within the 100 foot limit. He was a Republican candidate for state rep.

With this rain there are accidents all over the place. We didn’t see any but we did have one driver turn right in front of us into a fast food restaurant. We then saw him speeding down the street. He was using the restaurant as a short cut.

Not much else is new this morning. I don’t know when maintenance will come back to replace the part of one drawer with the glide wheels. The little wheel broke. They also need to put a spacer between the dishwasher and the frame of the cabinet.

Not much else is new.

Penny
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Jackielou wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:54 am Good morning fellow frugalites,

Had a very good sleep last night, but I think it was because I stayed up way later and watched the skating finals. I will be so sorry to see our Canadian duo retire. Tessa and Scott brought so much to every competition.

Today I am going to finish off a few of yesterdays chores as well as the few I have listed for today. I am really trying hard to take things a bit slower an it is showing in how things are accumulating that need to get done at some point. My fun challenge for today will be trying to figure out how I am going to strip and make the bed with one hand. Could be a very interesting day.... Then again, perhaps it's time to teach Hubby.

Frugality wise there will be no spending today. In fact we might even get a few dollars back in storage fees, doubtful, but one can hope.

Back to making meals here at home from what is on hand. Lots of leftovers to be used for our lunches the next few days.

I won't be making bread today but we are getting low, so I have added it to tomorrows grocery list. I have found it very difficult to use the machine and the shape the loaf for the oven. I could bake it in the machine, but I still have to lift the machine onto the surface of the table.....Might have to get Hubby to set it up for me the night before.

This will be my 20th no spend day. Wow, in a month of only 28 days, I am amazed that I have done so well.

Supper tonight is going to be pork chops, roasted veggies, and leftover rice. My lunch today will be leftover salad. Got to clear out the fridge.

Today I am grateful for all the sunshine we are getting.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
jackie, I think you are trying to do too much with that broken wrist!
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Hi Everyone,

Happy to be home from my travels, but wonder if I will ever get caught up again. I have finally finished going through my mail and out of a lot of junk I think there are four pieces that were important. Seriously, I had a trash can full of catalogs, advertising flyers for everything from pizza to oil changes.

My cousin's funeral was beautiful, but the rain was pouring so the minister did the graveside service at the funeral home and we then followed her to be buried, but nobody got out of their cars except the pallbearers. She is probably sitting up in heaven laughing about that. She had such a great sense of humor. Saw lots of family that I hadn't seen in years and years. Such a same that families don't keep in touch better, then sometime like this happens to bring us together. I stayed an extra week to help her daughter clean out the house. She has known how sick she was so she had things in very good shape clutter-wise.

I also spent a few days with Mr. B since I was close and we had a wonderful time. He is coming here on March 1st and then I will return to Memphis on the 6th to be with my sister as her surgery is scheduled for the 7th of March till she recovers.

I haven't had time to read the board, but hope everyone is doing good and nothing drastic has happened while I was gone. Jackie, I knew about your wrist before I left and like someone else said, sounds like you are trying to do to much. Just take care of yourself as you only get this one chance to let it heal properly or it will bother you for the rest of your life. I know how you like for things to be on schedule, but this is one time you need to forget that.

Ok, I am off to unload my car, get unpacked and start packing again. I did laundry while at Mr. B's so thank goodness I didn't have to face that as soon as I got home. Weather was beautiful to drive in today.
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good afternoon,

went to the DMV to get my temp disability tag. DH wanted me to get it, I'm not sure that we will need it,he has a life long one, but as I get better after the new hip 2/27/2018,he thinks that I will start "running" around, and of course his is only for him, or if he is in the car. :roll:

I was lucky the wait was only 1 hour, we got there at 10am and were out about 11am, I spoke to a woman who was there from 8am to 11am, she was getting replacement license.

I'm off all pain killers, OTC and RX, I have started using my uncles cane, much better, I wish that I had thought of using it before, oh well.

IC
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Quick note. We are having a power problem and I may not be on tomorrow as a result. It was a productive day with lots of yard work. Tomorrow is a bit of shopping and using a coupon. The power battery that is failing will be replaced on Thursday, so look forward to reading everyone's check in then if the system fails. Have a good night everyone.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello friends,

Chilly morning today, it was -3F when I got to the high school where I subbed today. All because of yesterday's snowstorm that seems to be heading northeast, rather than directly east. Today's high was supposed to be 23F, though I never saw it above 18F. Brrr!!

No subbing jobs are showing up (yet) for tomorrow, but that could change at 6 or 6:30 (or even 9am). I did get a subbing job today that is scheduled for March 8, and then I do have 2 more jobs on Thursday & Friday, and one next week too.

Dbro's birthday today, he's the youngest of my older brothers, he's 48 today, and still determinedly single. Sometimes when I think about him, I don't know whether to :lol: or :( .

Dinner tonight was sausage gravy over quinoa & corn. There are enough leftovers to provide 2-4 lunches this week for hubby & I.

I'm almost finished with our Federal & State Income Taxes, just need Dh's info for the e-file, then off it goes tomorrow.

Am off to bed soon, I slept badly last night, only from 10pm to 2:22am. I sure could tell too, at about noon, so I drank a little more caffeine, and kept moving.

Today I am thankful for the Subbing jobs that keep popping up for me.

=) Gayle