Hello, Clarisse

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Hello, Clarisse

Post by MackerelCat »

Oh, she is adorable! What a cutie! Your description of how happy she is now just about made me cry with joy.

My older dachshund girl is going blind from progressive retinal atrophy, a genetic disorder. She still gets around well, but the vet told us not to move the furniture once she learned her way around a room.

Like others here, I hope that puppy mill owner gets a particularly large lump of flaming lava to sit on in Hell for all of eternity.
Mackie
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

She is adorable! I'm glad she now has a wonderful home.

Bev
micogo

Post by micogo »

So precious!!! And I love her name!
RecoveringDreamer

Post by RecoveringDreamer »

floridacatlover wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:40 pm God bless you, RecoveringDreamer, for giving this sweet dog a loving home.

That puppy mill owner should be in jail - or worse.
Agreed. I can't imagine how someone's brain can think that it is remotely acceptable to do that to another living creature. And to have to have an eye surgery without pain relief is just unthinkable!

I am so glad we found her. She is unbelievably sweet and adorable.
A Life Beyond Money
Self Sufficiency. Simple Living. Frugality.

www.alifebeyondmoney.blogspot.com
RecoveringDreamer

gaylejackson2 wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:41 pm Sounds like Clarisse is the perfect dog for you.

How sad that the puppy mill owner blinded her, but I think that she is better off with you.
She seems pretty happy with us. She gets so excited in the morning when I come down (hubbs says she waits at the bottom of the stairs looking up for me). She really is absolutely perfect. We tried to get so many dogs over the last couple years, but nothing worked out. Either the dog was super aggressive or would get adopted just before we could get in or the situation seemed a little off (like the dude that I'm pretty sure was a puppy mill breeder trying to pawn off his old mini schnauzers as 1-yr-old standard schnauzers). Now that I've met her, I'm glad nothing else worked.
A Life Beyond Money

RecoveringDreamer

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:25 pm She's beautiful. Thank you for giving her a chance for happiness
It is so inspirational to see how joyful and full of love she is despite how much she has been through. So many life lessons in this girl.
A Life Beyond Money