Daily Check in March 8, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in March 8, 2018

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning frugal Friends,

Watching new of surprise shoe showers and black ice causing traffic problems. Yuck.

I had trouble sleeping, my back is hurting. My single Aleve did not hold me all night.

Work in the office day. Yesterday was busy. We got crushed with tickets. I am hoping today is a bit less.

Time to go pack breakfast and lunch.

Have a great day,
Maggie

MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check in March 8, 2018

Post by MackerelCat »

Maggie, I hope your day is a better one and not so busy.

We are supposed to get snow here in Tennessee. The weather is gloomy with leaden cold, so it sure feels like snow.

I have an appointment to see a neurologist this morning and then go to work afterward. Hoping the doc will have a diagnosis/treatment, but suspect there may be more tests ordered.

Hope everyone has a lovely, frugal day.
Mackie

jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

Slept okay but had to get up for potty break at 3 AM, hard to get back to sleep afterwards. Sorry if TMI....need to limit water intake in the evenings.

It is bright and sunny this morning but very cold and only supposed to get to 36 all day. Too cold! This weekend we have the stupid time change....it takes me forever to acclimate to the time changes. I don't like change. :?
Chickens are fed and taken care of, wood stove going and need to make my to-do list, if I don't my day will just fritter away from me.

Need to get my beef stew started, flour and sear the beef, simmer and add veggies later. I also need to clean the kitchen and bleach counters, the ornery cat has been roaming around more at night and I can't trust that she hasn't been on there. That is a problem with an open concept home, can't shut the animals out of any rooms.

Hoping to run errands tomorrow in order to keep my weekend open, we shall see IF I can get it all done.

Mackie, I hope they can get to the cause of your eye problems early and that you don't have to have unnecessary tests. Good luck with your treatments.

Have a great safe appreciative day all,
JCKitty

AnneX

Post by AnneX »

Good Morning

We're supposed to get some sunshine today, but sure no sign of it yet. At least we didn't get the predicted snow.

I was awake too early again this morning. I have a load of laundry washed and in the dryer.

I usually go to dancercise on Thursday, but it is cancelled today. My friend and I have arranged to have lunch at our usual Thursday place, a family-run cafeteria in the Estonian student residence. The family that runs the restaurant is Greek.

My friend is going to ask her friend to come along and I will ask a couple of others. We're all members of the seniors centre. We can propose a toast to ourselves for International Women's Day and another toast to one of our number who died last week.

I have a dental appointment at 5 p.m. I'll probably have a nap before then.

Supper will be chicken soup I pulled out of the freezer and a green salad.

Not planning to do much in the way of housework today, but I will need to put the laundry away.

hope your neurology appointment goes well and you get some answers, MackerelCat.

Take care, especially those of you who are experiencing bad weather,
AnneX

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites

The last 4 nights I have tried sleeping without taking any thing for twinges and such. Not working very well as I had another restless night. Perhaps a grand total of 4 hours sleep. I refuse to rely on sleep aids so will put up with it for a bit longer.

The sun is shining again and the temperature is rising, a very good thing for me as it means I can get out for a short walk at some point. Perhaps I need the fresh air in order to sleep properly.

Shopping day today and my list is prepared. I am hoping to get out and about early, but I have a feeling Hubby will be sleeping in as he worked fairly late on the drywall mudding. Never really realized what a messy worker he is until I ventured down to see what the racket was. Oh my.

Since I will be out and about I want to get to the pharmacy as well. I will phone ahead and get my prescription ready. I use the last pill tomorrow and always like to have the next bottle ready for use. I do the same for Hubby as well.

Frugality wise all will be as usual. The day will be spent as frugally as possible, using things up where ever I can. I do hope that my shopping list is comprehensive, but if it is not we will do without, or I will sub ingredients.

Supper this evening will the leftover chicken casserole from a few days ago. If there is anything left tonight it will be made into a tinfoil dinner for DS to take home with him. I already have a few meals for him, but would like a few more.

Today I am grateful for the sunshine and warmer temperatures.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

MackerelCat wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:42 am
Maggie, I hope your day is a better one and not so busy.

We are supposed to get snow here in Tennessee. The weather is gloomy with leaden cold, so it sure feels like snow.

I have an appointment to see a neurologist this morning and then go to work afterward. Hoping the doc will have a diagnosis/treatment, but suspect there may be more tests ordered.

Hope everyone has a lovely, frugal day.
Mackie I hope you find answers soon.